Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Restart Micro cell after power failure

Highlighted
Contributor

Restart Micro cell after power failure

Had a power failure several days ago.  All my services restored after power came back on except for Micro Cell.  I have attempted to reboot restart etc several times with no luck.  Current status is Solid Green power, Ethernet and GPS.  Blinking Green Network light.  Device is wired via Ethernet to a Google WIFI Hub.  WiFi Hub wired to the Cable Modem.  I have restarted all devices including unplugging all and restart of Cable modem, than restart Google Hub and finally restart of Micro Cell in that order.  Micro Cell will not log into the network????

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: Restart Micro cell after power failure

@ERF1940 - check the ac adapter with a voltmeter. It should read 16VDC +/- 0.5 if it is the original adapter (you didn't say which MicroCell you had). If not, then replace the adapter with one of the same specs. It could be that the adapter got damaged and is not providing consistent or the proper voltage to the unit.

Why do you have the MicroCell connected to a Google WiFi hub? Are you using that for a router? Try connecting the MicroCell directly to the modem. If the flashing green 3G light turns solid, and you are able to reconnect to the AT&T Mobility Servers, then I'd suspect the Google WiFi hub. You can also try a hard reset following the instructions given in my Tech Guide (link is in my sig line).

Keep in mind that sales of the MicroCell were discontinued at the end of 2017 because the MicroCell has reached its EOL. Support, such that it is, will continue thru the rest of this year but the service itself will be discontinued altogether in probably the very near future. WiiI-C (WiFi Calling) is what AT&T and us recommend now if your phone is capable of that. Otherwise, your only other options are to purchase a cellular booster (see my Cellular Booster Guide, link is in my sig line), switch carriers, or possibly try Google Voice. Start planning now.

MicroCell Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

I am not an AT&T employee.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Sage

@OttoPylot

My m-cell was Ethernet connected to my google mesh router and worked perfectly.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert

@lizdance40 and @ERF1940 - my mistake. I forgot that the Google WiFi hub was a mesh router. I still say connect the MicroCell directly to the modem, bypassing the router, and see if the OP can connect to the Mobility Servers. If that works, then the OP will have to figure out what happened to the router or better yet, plan for the alternate by switching to WiFi-C.

Message 4 of 6
Contributor

I have tried that solution but no success.  I have turned on wireless calling.
ThanksErf1940
Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by ERF1940
‎10-16-2018 10:43 AM

@ERF1940 - yes. If your phone is WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) capable then you don't need the MicroCell at all and can just leave it powered off. It could be that the MicroCell was damaged from the power outage.

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support