What is happening with 3G?
jakester20's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, February 28th, 2014 6:12 PM

Old Microcell New Iphone Not Being Recognized

My wife got a new iPhone with identical phone number and the phone is not registering the micreocell for usage.

Microcell working with all other phones. I'm stumped! Any help on how to resolve this issue appreciated.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hey guys... never stops amazing me the power of coming together.. This actually worked perfectly!! 

Nice job all for trouble shooting and saving us all lots of time!!!! 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

What exactly worked for you? The hard reset, deregistering/registering, etc. I'm trying to compile an accurate list of what some have had to do to get the iPhone 6 to work with the MicrCell in case the issues don't get resolved in a week or so. Sort of like a mini-Tech Guide or an addendum to my Tech Guide in general.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Got my IPhone 6 and my microcell doesn't work on it. All the other phones do in the house, this doesn't come as a surprise with all the microcell issues I've had over the years. Just figure somebody should figure out and post what the fix will be. Love to have a fix by Monday so I can receive by business calls at the house.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

Dmitriy beat me to it. See his help post. If you've had trouble in the past with your MicroCell did you ever come here for help? The iOS 8 needs an AT&T network update (at least my iPhone 5 did when I upgraded to iOS 😎 so maybe it's just taking AT&T a bit longer with iPhone 6 that has iOS 8 pre-installed. This is a new phone so there are bound to be some issues and glitches at first. Be patient.

Keep in mind that the iPhone 6 is not specific to the AT&T network so there's probably some tweaking left to do on the AT&T side.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

Otto: 

I think renaming the nickname of my iPhone in my MCell settings was what bumped it to re-register and work for me.  I say that because I wasn't able to delete that registered number since it was my #1 listed on there.  

BTW, when I picked up my new iPhone 6 from the Apple Store yesterday, all I asked them to do was simply activate the phone, which they did.  About 10 minutes later while I was checking things out, I suddenly got the AT&T phone/network firmware/update notification that you did and I let that install.

When I got home, I did a full reset of the new phone then restored it from my latest backup.  I did not receive the AT&T update notification again after my phone was restored.  I suppose that even after a phone reset, the AT&T update is not needed since it installed earlier, when I was at the store (it didn't lose the update during the reset).

I renamed my phone nickname in my MCell settings AFTER I performed the reset/restore procedure above.  My phone has been locked onto my MCell at the house perfectly ever since.

Thanks.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

Ok good. I think a lot of the problems folks are having with the iPhone 6 is AT&T scrambling to get the new cofigurations updated on their network.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

The instructions on the microcell web site said to disconnect and then reactive the microcell. I tried this with no luck on getting a disconnect.

I found from AT&T tech support level 2 that my microcell would hung so it would not disconnect   Tech support was able to disconnect at their end and then I just reactived the microcell and everything is good.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

8 years ago

Glad to hear that you got it working again. The support instructions are not always the most accurate or complete. Deactivating/reactivating is their answer to everything and as you've seen, it doesn't always work. There is a more complete way to get the new iPhones to connect but as long as you are up and running, there's no reason to go into them here.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

If the Mcell was "hung", as AT&T puts it, another thing to try in the future would be a hard reset.  The procedure is in the Tech Guide.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.