Old Microcell New Iphone Not Being Recognized

Contributor

Old Microcell New Iphone Not Being Recognized

My wife got a new iPhone with identical phone number and the phone is not registering the micreocell for usage.

Microcell working with all other phones. I'm stumped! Any help on how to resolve this issue appreciated.

Message 1 of 20 (7,159 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author jakester20
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Old Microcell New Iphone Not Being Recognized

Whose phone number is the MicroCell registered to? Was her old/new phone number listed under the Approved User list (guest list)? It could be that you have to power cycle the MicroCell so it can identify the new iPhone based on it's IMSI number.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 20 (7,138 Views)
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author jakester20
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Sounds like an IMSI issue to me also.  Unless the Mcell's power cycled, it could still have the IMSI number for the old phone in it's memory and will not recognize the new IMSI number until it syncs with AT&T's current Approved User list during a power cycle.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 20 (7,101 Views)
Teacher

iPhone 6 - Not Connecting to MCell

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

I picked up my new iPhone 6 today but can't manage to get it to show that it's on my MCell.  I have noticed that I get 2 out of 5 bars on my AT&T LTE connection now at my house but my old iPhone 5s never did that. It could only manage 1 bar at best on the 5s so it always connected over to my MCell.

I've power-cycled both my iPhone 6 and the MCell.  I'm not able to delete and re-add my iPhone 6 cell number in my MCell settings on the AT&T web page (since it's my default number).

Since I'm getting 2 bars now on my 6, is that why it's not jumping over to my MCell?  I suspect that it doesn't need to now due to the stronger regular tower signal.  I live in the zip code of 30080, Smyrna, GA.  Has tower strength improved recently in my area?

Thoughts?  OttoPylot?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 20 (6,248 Views)
Community Manager

Re: iPhone 6 - Not Connecting to MCell

Hi @acouse 

I'm sorry you're having some issues with your Microcell and the new phone. Take a look at this thread, guys in there are reporting positive results with some troubleshooting methods:

http://forums.att.com/t5/3G-MicroCell/iPhone-6-Not-Working-on-Microcell/td-p/4082944

Let us know if you still need help or have any questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 20 (6,186 Views)
Contributor

I am having the same issue and none of the fixes you suggest work for me. Suggestions?

Message 6 of 20 (6,153 Views)
Teacher

Thanks DmitriyCM!  Those other user suggestions worked for me as well.  All good now as I'm rockin' on my MCell!

Message 7 of 20 (6,147 Views)
Contributor

i resolved it by deleting all users in the Mocrocell app except mine (it would not allow me to delete my own). Then recreated the users. Suddennessly both new iPhone's connected to the Microcell. Go figure!

Message 8 of 20 (5,910 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

Lisazzz,

What I did was the following and it worked just now for me:

1) Logged into my AT&T account and deleted all other cell numbers that are authorized to use my MCell except my iPhone 6 number (can't delete that since it's the #1 number listed)

2) Powered off my iPhone 6 and my other phones

3) Added back my other phone numbers to my MCell in the AT&T settings

4) Changed the nickname of my iPhone 6 entry in my MCell AT&T settings

5) Waited 5 minutes then powered on all of my phones.  My iPhone 6 is now showing it's connected to my MCell

I did NOT have to reboot my MCell, wifi router or cable internet modem.  I didn't touch them.

Hope that helps.

Message 9 of 20 (6,140 Views)
ACE - Master

It's a new phone folks so give it time. Re-entering your phone numbers is one way, or doing a hard reset on the MicroCell may be another.

Message 10 of 20 (5,973 Views)
ACE - Master

Not surprising. It's a new phone and sometimes you just need to re-register it so that the mobility network, via the MicroCell, can recognize it.

Message 11 of 20 (5,878 Views)
Contributor

Hey guys... never stops amazing me the power of coming together.. This actually worked perfectly!! 

Nice job all for trouble shooting and saving us all lots of time!!!! 

Message 12 of 20 (5,694 Views)
ACE - Master

What exactly worked for you? The hard reset, deregistering/registering, etc. I'm trying to compile an accurate list of what some have had to do to get the iPhone 6 to work with the MicrCell in case the issues don't get resolved in a week or so. Sort of like a mini-Tech Guide or an addendum to my Tech Guide in general.

Message 13 of 20 (5,608 Views)
Contributor

iPhone 6

Got my IPhone 6 and my microcell doesn't work on it. All the other phones do in the house, this doesn't come as a surprise with all the microcell issues I've had over the years. Just figure somebody should figure out and post what the fix will be. Love to have a fix by Monday so I can receive by business calls at the house.
Message 14 of 20 (5,291 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: iPhone 6

[ Edited ]

Dmitriy beat me to it. See his help post. If you've had trouble in the past with your MicroCell did you ever come here for help? The iOS 8 needs an AT&T network update (at least my iPhone 5 did when I upgraded to iOS 8) so maybe it's just taking AT&T a bit longer with iPhone 6 that has iOS 8 pre-installed. This is a new phone so there are bound to be some issues and glitches at first. Be patient.

Keep in mind that the iPhone 6 is not specific to the AT&T network so there's probably some tweaking left to do on the AT&T side.

Message 15 of 20 (5,266 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.