What is happening with 3G?
jakester20's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, February 28th, 2014 6:12 PM

Old Microcell New Iphone Not Being Recognized

My wife got a new iPhone with identical phone number and the phone is not registering the micreocell for usage.

Microcell working with all other phones. I'm stumped! Any help on how to resolve this issue appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

Whose phone number is the MicroCell registered to? Was her old/new phone number listed under the Approved User list (guest list)? It could be that you have to power cycle the MicroCell so it can identify the new iPhone based on it's IMSI number.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

Sounds like an IMSI issue to me also.  Unless the Mcell's power cycled, it could still have the IMSI number for the old phone in it's memory and will not recognize the new IMSI number until it syncs with AT&T's current Approved User list during a power cycle.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

Hi guys,

I picked up my new iPhone 6 today but can't manage to get it to show that it's on my MCell.  I have noticed that I get 2 out of 5 bars on my AT&T LTE connection now at my house but my old iPhone 5s never did that. It could only manage 1 bar at best on the 5s so it always connected over to my MCell.

I've power-cycled both my iPhone 6 and the MCell.  I'm not able to delete and re-add my iPhone 6 cell number in my MCell settings on the AT&T web page (since it's my default number).

Since I'm getting 2 bars now on my 6, is that why it's not jumping over to my MCell?  I suspect that it doesn't need to now due to the stronger regular tower signal.  I live in the zip code of 30080, Smyrna, GA.  Has tower strength improved recently in my area?

Thoughts?  OttoPylot?

Thanks.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @acouse 

I'm sorry you're having some issues with your Microcell and the new phone. Take a look at this thread, guys in there are reporting positive results with some troubleshooting methods:

http://forums.att.com/t5/3G-MicroCell/iPhone-6-Not-Working-on-Microcell/td-p/4082944

Let us know if you still need help or have any questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am having the same issue and none of the fixes you suggest work for me. Suggestions?

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks DmitriyCM!  Those other user suggestions worked for me as well.  All good now as I'm rockin' on my MCell!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

i resolved it by deleting all users in the Mocrocell app except mine (it would not allow me to delete my own). Then recreated the users. Suddennessly both new iPhone's connected to the Microcell. Go figure!

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

Lisazzz,

What I did was the following and it worked just now for me:

1) Logged into my AT&T account and deleted all other cell numbers that are authorized to use my MCell except my iPhone 6 number (can't delete that since it's the #1 number listed)

2) Powered off my iPhone 6 and my other phones

3) Added back my other phone numbers to my MCell in the AT&T settings

4) Changed the nickname of my iPhone 6 entry in my MCell AT&T settings

5) Waited 5 minutes then powered on all of my phones.  My iPhone 6 is now showing it's connected to my MCell

I did NOT have to reboot my MCell, wifi router or cable internet modem.  I didn't touch them.

Hope that helps.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

It's a new phone folks so give it time. Re-entering your phone numbers is one way, or doing a hard reset on the MicroCell may be another.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

Not surprising. It's a new phone and sometimes you just need to re-register it so that the mobility network, via the MicroCell, can recognize it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.