Helpful Links

No signal

Contributor

No signal

We have a gen 2 microcell and the power light is red. With out the tower we have one bar...please help!
Message 1 of 6
ACE - Master

Re: No signal

If you have the white MicroCell and the power light is red, then I would check the ac adapter with a voltmeter to see if it reads 16VDC +/- 0.5 with no load. If not, then the ac adapter may be failing, or has failed, and you need to replace it with one of the same rating. The adapters are not the best in the world and will fail over time.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTMobilityCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Professor

Did your Mcell work previously?  If the only indicator light you are seeing is the power indicator and it is red, most likely it is one of two things.  Either your Mcell has died or the AC adapter has failed.  If you have a voltmeter, check the output of the adapter.  It should be 16 VDC +/- 0.5 VDC.  If it is not, replace the adapter with one that has the same output specs as the original and see if your Mcell functions again.  We are starting to see a significant increase in AC adapter failures as the Mcell fleet ages and it's a good idea to check them if the Mcell stops working.

If the AC adapter output voltage is within spec, then the Mcell itself is most likely borked and they can not be repaired.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6
ACE - Master

@Avedis53 - I think I just said that Chief, except for the part about the MicroCell possibly being borked. However, it's been my experience that re-enforcement of a troubleshooting recommendation is always a good thing Smiley Wink

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTMobilityCare

Message 4 of 6
ACE - Professor

That's why I avoid trying to answer first....you beat me to it all the time and I duplicate.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Master

@Avedis53 -  I ALWAYS appreciate your comments and posts. You keep me on my toes Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support