For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
LSmith6749's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, February 11th, 2018 5:15 PM

New to Microcell

I have cable internet. AT&T service. I got the Microcell because the studs in my house are metal and I struggle with good reception. I installed the Microcell as the instructions said, and registered. No text or email from AT&T saying they connected. The top two lights still do not work. I used to have a Verizon booster and it worked perfect. Switched to AT&T and bought this booster.....Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

6 years ago

Yes, with a post-paid AT&T account and an iPhone X, you can use WiFi Calling for free.

You should turn off the Microcell as it will interfere with your phone connecting to WiFi Calling.  When using WiFi Calling, disregard the cell signal strength indicator since you are using WiFi.  You should refer to the WiFi signal strength indicator instead.  To see if your iPhone X is connected to AT&T WiFi Calling, open the Control Center by swiping down from the upper right-hand corner of the screen.  Once the Control Center is opened, you should see "AT&T WiFi" and the WiFi signal strength in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

Are you a postpaid customer?

Is the microcell new or used?  White or black?

If you are new to ATT, you have new phones, why not use Wifi calling?  Wifi calling works on iPhones 6 or newer and ATT branded androids from Samsung and Lg running marshmallow or newer OS.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I am an AT&T customer for two years now. I have the iPhoneX. The Cisco is black. Wifi calling... hmmmm.... did I just waste money non the Microcell?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@LSmith6749   

I specifically asked if you are POSTPAID.  Prepaid customers cannot use microcell (can’t register) and can’t use Wifi calling either.  

If you are poastpaid and have iPhone X, you probably did not need the microcell.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I do not prepay phones, I get a bill monthly from AT&T on an unlimited data plan.... so I assume I am a "postpaid" customer.... and I have an iphone X... guessing I wasted the money... I turned on wifi calling, which I obviously never knew it was there until you mentioned it, and it is green and didn't say I couldn't use it....so I am assuming I can use WiFi calling.  Thanks for the help....

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

Bingo.  

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

6 years ago

Looks like I can go into retirement now with you two answering all the MicroCell questions Smiley Wink

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@OttoPylot

Dont even think about it....🤨

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

6 years ago

LIke I said before, you go....I go.  Besides, the need for this forum will eventually peter out anyway.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

6 years ago

I'll kick around for awhile longer. It's a nice break from moving in and getting things fixed, done, upgraded. Oh, btw, I picked up an Apple Watch yesterday (GPS only). Neet little toy.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.