Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 18, 2013
3:27:30 PM
View profile
New setup, 3g light flashing green

I recently purchased a 3g microcell tower off of Ebay.  When I first tried to set up the microcell, it showed the unit as still being registered to the prior owner.  I contacted support and they "cleaned" the serial number.  Now I am able to activate the microcell to my account, but it never completes the power up section.  I have tried all three recommended ethernet cable setups provided in the book, deactivating and reactivating, and power cycling the modem, router, and microcell, but the 3g light still flashes green.  I'm not sure where to go to look at the port forwarding.  The power, ethernet, and gps lights are steady green.  Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks for your time!

I recently purchased a 3g microcell tower off of Ebay.  When I first tried to set up the microcell, it showed the unit as still being registered to the prior owner.  I contacted support and they "cleaned" the serial number.  Now I am able to activate the microcell to my account, but it never completes the power up section.  I have tried all three recommended ethernet cable setups provided in the book, deactivating and reactivating, and power cycling the modem, router, and microcell, but the 3g light still flashes green.  I'm not sure where to go to look at the port forwarding.  The power, ethernet, and gps lights are steady green.  Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks for your time!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 18, 2013 7:31:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Try a hard reset by pushing in the reset button in the back (the little hole) with a paper clip and holding it in for about 30 seconds. The unit should go thru the initialization process. However, it may take time if support had to remove the old registered account and replace it with yours for the account change to take effect.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

New setup, 3g light flashing green

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 18, 2013 7:31:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Try a hard reset by pushing in the reset button in the back (the little hole) with a paper clip and holding it in for about 30 seconds. The unit should go thru the initialization process. However, it may take time if support had to remove the old registered account and replace it with yours for the account change to take effect.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New setup, 3g light flashing green

2 of 4 (2,754 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 6:11:35 AM
(0)
Voyager

Thanks Otto!  That worked!  I'm getting an error that my address doesn't match the GPS location provided by the microcell, so it's not all the way working, but it's on its way!  

Thanks Otto!  That worked!  I'm getting an error that my address doesn't match the GPS location provided by the microcell, so it's not all the way working, but it's on its way!  

3 of 4 (2,684 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 8:53:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Ok. If your address doesn't match the GPS location then make sure your address is correct on the myAT&T Account page. De-activate/re-activate your account again. It could also be that the previous owner's information hasn't yet been removed from the AT&T locational database. You may have to call support back if you can't get it to register.

Ok. If your address doesn't match the GPS location then make sure your address is correct on the myAT&T Account page. De-activate/re-activate your account again. It could also be that the previous owner's information hasn't yet been removed from the AT&T locational database. You may have to call support back if you can't get it to register.

4 of 4 (2,672 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments