What is happening with 3G?
britmaveric's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 11:21 AM

New Wireless Router Asus RT-n56u

Previous linksys router had no issue w/Microcell but since I switched it out I can't connect  w/Microcell just the dreaded 3G bar flashing with all other connections solid.  So it seems to me an issue with the Asus wireless router and some settings need to be turned off or I need to configure something additionally on the Asus Router.

Anyone have any ideas?????  I tried the alternate configuration but then I get no internet connection for my wifi network.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I just switched to Comcast and purchased the RT-N65U.

I had the same problem.  You must go into the settings and Enable IPSec Passthrough.  See attached image.

Microcell connected immediatly following a power off/on cycle.

Screen shot 2011-12-27 at 9.26.08 PM.png

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Didnt see your post and I actually stumbled on the IPSEC passthru option and it was disabled like you stated above.  So looks like default setting on this router is to turn off and this caused the road block for the MicroCell. 

Thanks for confirming this since I did a number of other things prior but last attempt was the ipsec option.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

You are a freaking GENIUS! I've been stressing over this for 2 days and tried the forums on the off-chance someone else had a similar issue... Thank you!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks so much. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

OMG.  Thank you!  I too have been stressing about this for days.  So frustrated.  Finally searched for problems specific to the router and found your beautiful solution, including the nice screen shot showing how to enable the IPSec passthrough.  Would have been on the phone for hours with ATT support.  Thank you again!  Microcell works just fine now.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

11 years ago

The router setting requirements are in the MicroCell setup guide. How to set those settings is up to the individual router mfr which should be availble thru their seutp manual or support.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

You're a genius to us newbies!!!! Thanks.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

11 years ago

DHCP enabled, IPSec Pass-through enabled, and Block Fragmented Packets disabled are the basic requirments. Ports 123 UDP, 443 TCP, 4500 UDP, and 500 UDP (Public and Private for all ports) need to be open as well. Those are also the ports your need if you want to port forward and make sure that only one device is performing NAT duties if you have a separate router and gateway.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.