For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
bennedoc's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 17th, 2018 11:16 AM

My m cell won't work after a lightning strike

I have an cell connected to my wireless router and it now doesn't work after a lightning strike.  My wireless works for all other devices connected to it.  I have a blinking green 3G light snf the GPD light is solid green

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

If it wasn’t plugged into a surge protector the power supply is probably fried.  You can try unplugging and plugging in again.  It might mean rebooting your entire system (modem & router).  

The AC adapter may need to be replaced.  Good luck, ATT won’t have one as they no longer sell the m-cell.

Your phones are probably Wifi calling capable, you might want to turn the feature on if available 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

6 years ago

@bennedoc - check the ac adapter with a voltmeter. It should read 16VDC +/- 0.5 with no load. If it doesn't, replace the adapter with a new one of the same rating as the old one. If that works, then your adapter was fried and you're ok, for now. If not, then the MicroCell was damaged and unfortunately they can't be repaired. You might also want to try a hard reset. Instructions are in my Tech Guide (link in my sig line).

The MicroCell was discontinued for sales at the end of 2017, so you can't get a new one from AT&T, either as a replacement or for purchase. You may be able to find one on eBay but there are caveats to purchasing used MicroCells (see my Tech Guide, link is in my sig ling). AT&T will continue to support the MicroCell (whatever that means) thru this year but the service will eventually be discontinued altogether. WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) is what AT&T, and us recommend now if your phone is capable. If not, your only other options are to purchase a cellular booster (see my Booster Guide, link is in my sig line), switch carriers, or possibly look into Google Voice as your last option.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.