For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
rcmoondog's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, December 14th, 2017 12:40 AM

Multiple re-sets of my Micro-cell

I have had to re-set my Micro-cell several times in the last few days. Is something wrong with the system or is it my Micro-cell. Is there any way to check the Micro-cell?

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

6 years ago

Based on what we've seen around here for the last year or so, faulty AC adapters have risen markedly and will continue to fail at an increasing rate as their internal components age.  How old is your Mcell?  White or black?

Check the output of your AC adapter with a voltmeter.  It should read 16 VDC +/- 0.5 VDC.  If it's outside that spec then I'd buy another one with the same output as the old one and see if that clears up your reset issue.  Are you seeing any flashing Mcell indicator lights?  All solid green?

Some additional information about your ISP, subscribed bandwidth and home network setup would be helpful if it isn't your AC adapter going bad.  If it's your Mcell that is going bad, they can't be repaired.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

6 years ago

@rcmoondog - follow @Avedis53 suggestion about checking your ac adapter and get back to us. Do keep in mind that AT&T has announced the EOL for the MicroCell, which is the end of this year. Support is supposed to last thru next year, but given the quality of support in the past, you might want to seriously consider moving up to WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) if your phone is capable of that.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for your assistance and information about the future of this device.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

6 years ago

@rcmoondog - you're welcome. I posted previously around October about the impending EOL for the MicroCell but it's going to bare repeating due to how support is handling this.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.