Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Microcell

Highlighted
Contributor

Microcell

If you use a AT &T Microcell and switch to another company that also uses the AT&T tower, will your microcell still work?
Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Grands06
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Microcell

The "owner" of the MicroCell must have a post paid AT&T cellular account in good standing to register the MicroCell. If your new carrier is an MVNO it may work on the Approved Users List but the registration will still require a post paid AT&T account.

MicroCell Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

I am not an AT&T employee.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

What if I maintain only a rock-bottom-priced ATT cellphone acct, but want to use the Microcell with my consumer Cellular phone?  Is it in any way relevant that CC uses ATT cell towers?

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

The "owner" of the MicroCell has to have a post paid cellular account with AT&T. The owner's mobile number is used to activate the account and is the number used as the primary cellular number. Any other mobile number is added to the Approved Users List and can be a pre paid AT&T mobile number or possibly one from an MVNO. The fact that other carriers  lease a tower from AT&T is irrelevant.

MicroCell Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

I am not an AT&T employee.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support