What is happening with 3G?
rubyross55's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, March 31st, 2014 12:22 AM

Microcell won't activate. Mr. Pylot please help!

If you see this please, please help! I live on St. John in the US Virgin Islands and have been trying to activate my microcell for 3 weeks at this point. At&t says they have resolved my address issues but it still won't connect. I have 3mbps/1mbps through Choice with a Green Packet DX-250 as my router/modem in one. At&t says my ports need to be opened but Choice say there are no closed ports. Since there is no problem with their device I would have to pay choice $100 an hour to try to make any changes, which may not fix it. I could make them myself if anyone could give me a little guidance on what to change. Here is a link to screen shots of the pages of the device.

http://screenshots.portforward.com/routers/GreenPacket/DX-250/

And here are the changes I'm supposed to make, but it doesn't make sense to me. I know how to access it but not what it all means. Please tell me what to do!

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB110286&cv=820,721,1001,904,102&ct=&source=email_share#fbid=sJ2owRR4BuC

At&t has not been much help. I'm like 6 different tickets in at this point. It has never gone through any of the steps. I have tried resetting it maybe 25 times, was sent a second microcell to try, it had the same results. Everything is solid except the 3g bars, they are flashing. I also tried a second ethernet cord to my laptop but it did the same.

Anyone who can help me get this working is welcome to a free place to stay in tropical paradise!

BTW At&t's team assigned the latitude and longitude of my house to a made up address. I kinda feel like that might be part of the problem...there are no e911 address here and my address wasn't recognized.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

This post was quite some time ago so if you would, explain to us what your setup is, ISP, how you have the MicroCell setup, light pattern, etc.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

My problem is identical to the previous persons. all lights solid except the service bars. I have the same service provider. Same lights on. Everything is exaclty the same. 🙂 thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

So, you are living on St. John in the U.S Virgin Islands and have a WiFi internet connection (not land based)?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

yup exactly the same 🙂

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

The MicroCell is designed for land-based internet service. AT&T will support that. Satellite/WiFi is not supported because the MicroCell is not designed for that type of connectivity. Lag is just too variable to maintain a constant secure VPN. It may work for a while but the connection will eventually fail or fail to activate. Even tho AT&T states that the minimum download speed is 1.5Mbps, in reality it should be at least 3.0Mbps. And that would be a solid, robust 3.0Mbps with no, or very little speed fluctuation. Your internet may be fine but VoIP is an entirely different matter. And if your ISP provides their own VoIP service, their protocols configured for their equipment may hinder the MicroCell.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Gotcha, do you know if it will work with broadband VI? Thank you so much for all your help.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

I'm not familiar with Broadband VI.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

9 years ago

After reviewing the Choice and Broadband V.I. websites, I see that both provide internet service via wireless.  Therefore, I'd say neither one will work with the Mcell to your satisfaction, if at all.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Ok So I called them and they assured me that it would work. They said they were using one in the office they are in... Ill keep you all updated. Thanks a bunc

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

9 years ago

I would assume that their working Mcell is not connected wirelessly since it is at their office.  Most likely hard-wired instead.  You might ask them how it is connected.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.