What is happening with 3G?
Peckmom3's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Tuesday, March 4th, 2014 10:30 PM

Microcell says address is wrong on GPS!! HELP!

Okay, a week ago the 3G light on my microcell started flashing green so I did what I always do when that happens- I rebooted it. A few minutes later the 3G light was blinking red and I got a text message from AT&T saying: 

ERROR 102- The registered address does not match the actual device location.

and an email reading:

There was an error activating your 3G MicroCell. The address you entered during online activation does not match the GPS information provided by the MicroCell.

So I called AT&T and they waked me through several rounds of unplugging, reregistering, etc. All those attempts failed and they mailed me a new microcell. Well the new one arrived the next day and after registering it and making sure that all information was correct, I plugged it it and got the same result. The top 4 lights solid green with the bottom 3G light blinking red and I got the same text message and email. 

I've been on the phone with AT&T every single day since and no one can help me with this problem. I get ZERO cell service at my house without this microcell so this is a real problem. Nothing on my end has changed- same internet service, same location of microcell in the house- right in a window- same everything. This issue was sudden and unexpected because one minute it was working fine and the next minute nothing. 

Any help would be so appreciated! Thanks.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

There was an apparent issue with the activation server that should have been fixed by now. It's possible that the Locational Database got screwed as well. Without that having an accurate physical address location they can't match the GPS coordinates and activation will fail. I would send a pm to CustomerCare (link in my sig) detailing your problem, what you have tried to do to correct it, your account information, and your location. That usually bypasses the normal phone support and gets you to someone who can usually help. You might want to tell them how to contact you, either your personal email account or by pm'ing here. If you can't get help, let me know.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you, I'll try that. The phone people- while very friendly- all keep suggesting the same things and when I told them I've tried that already they tell me to do it again anyway. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

You have two posts going. It would be helpful to us, and others who read them, to keep your responses to one post. That way I and others can keep the replies coherent.

Phone support has to follow a script and document what they've done before they can escalate the problem. If you call in and get a different person, they might not have access to current notes so you go thru the whole process again. That's why CustomerCare is better because you sort of get one person assigned to you. Let me know how it goes.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Sorry, I just responded to someone elses post so that would be the other post. 

I got off the phone with AT&T tech support a little bit ago and they're sending me another new micro cell even though they just sent me a new one 3 days ago. Not sure what good it'll do but we'll give it a go and see if it works. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

I doubt if a new MicroCell will help if the Locational Database has your address wrong. I'll contact the Admin and see what the deal is cause it sounds like the fix on Friday hasn't quite taken care of things.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

That's what I told the girl but she insisted on sending out another cell. This will be the 2nd new one in a week. Thank you for checking into it, I really appreciate it.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

I just sent a message to the Admin about the activation process still seems to be broke and support is handing out MicroCell's like candy. I'll get back as soon as I hear anything.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

2nd new microcell arrived in today's mail. I disabled the 1st new one and registered the 2nd new one. It started it's activation process and after about 20 minutes the bar turned red and I got the same text and email stating the gps didn't match the address I entered. 😞 I knew this would be the case so I'm not sure why I got my hopes up on it working. Really frustrated by it all. Please help!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

I will have the Admins look more closely at your account because it still sounds like the address database is not correct. I doubt if it's the MicroCell's GPS chipset because the replacement is acting the same way. Can you delete and re-enter your address ok? It should be your billing address for the primary account holder which would be your physical home address.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Yes, I can delete and reenter my address and it is the billing as well as physical address for me- the primary account holder. It is the physical address where the microcell is located and has been located for nearly 4 years. I've verified the address to make sure it's correct and it is and now 3 microcells are behaving the same way with the same problem in the same location. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.