For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
Peckmom3's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Tuesday, March 4th, 2014 10:30 PM

Microcell says address is wrong on GPS!! HELP!

Okay, a week ago the 3G light on my microcell started flashing green so I did what I always do when that happens- I rebooted it. A few minutes later the 3G light was blinking red and I got a text message from AT&T saying: 

ERROR 102- The registered address does not match the actual device location.

and an email reading:

There was an error activating your 3G MicroCell. The address you entered during online activation does not match the GPS information provided by the MicroCell.

So I called AT&T and they waked me through several rounds of unplugging, reregistering, etc. All those attempts failed and they mailed me a new microcell. Well the new one arrived the next day and after registering it and making sure that all information was correct, I plugged it it and got the same result. The top 4 lights solid green with the bottom 3G light blinking red and I got the same text message and email. 

I've been on the phone with AT&T every single day since and no one can help me with this problem. I get ZERO cell service at my house without this microcell so this is a real problem. Nothing on my end has changed- same internet service, same location of microcell in the house- right in a window- same everything. This issue was sudden and unexpected because one minute it was working fine and the next minute nothing. 

Any help would be so appreciated! Thanks.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

Did you try a hard reset on the MicroCell? Sometimes you have to totally clear the memory and registers on the MicroCell and then have it go thru the Initial Activation process (see details in the Guide, link in my sig) to re-establish operating parameters.

Has there been any upgrades to your connection or modem lately? Your speeds are fine but if your connection is not clean, then you're going to have problems.

Have you reset your phone or updated its OS?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

I forwarded a PM as suggested. Prior to that I received an email from ATT Social Care saying they wanted to help.  I am not sure who Social Care is, so did not provide account and contact info.  I figure if they are from ATT they could find that info based on the case number.  I found no reference to a Social Care on ATT webpage.  Perhaps being overly paranoid.  Thanks for your help.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

Hmmm, let me look into that. I know that AT&T has been going thru some internal changes to maybe they've changed CustomerCare to a more specific group name or that's how the respond to inquiries now.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

News of a sort.  Turns out that the comntact was on the up and up.  So look for email messages from AT&T Social Care.  After a couple of emails they confirmed an existing problem that they were working on.  No indication of timeliness of resolution.  I did suggest they spread the word as I might reduce the frustartion for both tech support and customers.

I realize that this does not get us any closer to a solution but I now have confirmation taht they ware working on it and I am in the loop.

Otto Pylot I want to thank you for your involvement and for pointing me the right direction.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

Thanks. I make it a point to notfify the Admins as soon as I see a common problem and either copy/paste the post or ask the Admins to look into the issue based on the person's username. I did that with you. That's why it is so important to pm CustomerCare, who I believe hands specific issues over to the Social Care group, when it's a problem that has been reported in the forums. AT&T is very much aware of the problems and are trying to figure out what caused the problem and how to fix it asap. This is a sticky one so all I can say is just hang in there.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Well,  I can only hope they fix this soon.  I'm still without my microcell.  I have been raised a level, so let's hope it gets resolved SOON.

I did get a first and final notice email that  my location doesn't match the GPS location, but heh.. they do, so nothing I can do.  Top 3 lights still solid green, 3G light blinking red.... still after 12 days.

I do go in an power cycle my modem in the morning and in the evening.  Let's pray that they figure this out and get it fixed SOON.  Being rural and having almost no coverage is not fun, after having it work so nicely with the microcell.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

Where are you located? City, State, Zip Code only. Rural areas are the toughest because those addresses are the hardest to keep current as far as the locational database goes. However, you were in the system once so it's a matter of figuring out why the GPS coordinates are not matching your physical address (which is where your account is registered to). Try a hard reset and see if that kickstarts it. The red flashing 3G light can either mean a MicroCell hardware failure or an update that didn't go well and now the unit thinks it's broken.

There is a meeting today with AT&T folks so I'll pass your message along to the Admin.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you, Otto.  I am in Rolla, MO 65401. 

I have a case number, I've been escalated, and the problem is being worked on.  The 3G looks the same except for the error codes on the activation page - which has changed from Can't get a GPS fix, to now being Address doesn't match

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello everyone,

Our team is trying to get as much information as possible to the right people and get this issue resolved as quick as possible. Otto Pylot has been a huge help and we appreciate everything that he does here.

In order to be able to properly research and address your individual cases, we need to collect some information, this information will be kept private at all times and will only be used for troubleshooting purposes.

If you don't mind, please send a private message to me directly by clicking here: ATTDmitriyCM, with this information: 

- Full name.

- Contact phone number.

- Microcell serial number.

- Microcell CSIN number.

- Mobile phone number and account number of the account your Microcell is registered to.

- Your physical address.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

Thanks Dmitriy!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.