What is happening with 3G?
Peckmom3's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Tuesday, March 4th, 2014 10:30 PM

Microcell says address is wrong on GPS!! HELP!

Okay, a week ago the 3G light on my microcell started flashing green so I did what I always do when that happens- I rebooted it. A few minutes later the 3G light was blinking red and I got a text message from AT&T saying: 

ERROR 102- The registered address does not match the actual device location.

and an email reading:

There was an error activating your 3G MicroCell. The address you entered during online activation does not match the GPS information provided by the MicroCell.

So I called AT&T and they waked me through several rounds of unplugging, reregistering, etc. All those attempts failed and they mailed me a new microcell. Well the new one arrived the next day and after registering it and making sure that all information was correct, I plugged it it and got the same result. The top 4 lights solid green with the bottom 3G light blinking red and I got the same text message and email. 

I've been on the phone with AT&T every single day since and no one can help me with this problem. I get ZERO cell service at my house without this microcell so this is a real problem. Nothing on my end has changed- same internet service, same location of microcell in the house- right in a window- same everything. This issue was sudden and unexpected because one minute it was working fine and the next minute nothing. 

Any help would be so appreciated! Thanks.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hang in there. I've sent a message to the Admin.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Any news?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

The Admin said that she sent an email to the CustomerCare Manager to follow-up with you. If there is something amiss with the locational database (my term) it may take awhile to fix it. I'll follow-up with her again tomorrow.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Okay, thank you. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

The Admin said that they've put an Urgent tag on it and bumped it up to Tier 2, which may take a little while longer to respond to. The Admin will be gone for a few days next week but she's forwarded our conversations to another Admin (that I've worked with before) so if  you don't hear back by Monday, PM me and I'll pass that along for a follow-up.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

I got a call from a tier 4 helper but she blamed my internet service. I called my provider and they insist that nothing has changed in the last few weeks- no updates, no issues, etc. I'll call her back tomorrow to tell her and see what she says. I just wish I knew what caused this to happen all of a sudden. 😞 I miss my phone and I'm afraid I'll have to switch to Verizon.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

That doesn't sound right. If  you're getting a "location doesn't match GPS" that sounds more like an AT&T issues than your ISP. Who is your ISP? I'll follow up on this and see what I can find out.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T has agree to let me out of my contracts at no charge so I've switched to Verizon. I hated to leave because I've been with AT&T forever but my phones are no good without the microcell. There has been no solution offered that has helped at all. 

Thank you for your time and assistance. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

I'm sorry that it came to that. I tried my best but sometimes the machine just moves too slow. Thanks for being so patient.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I got a microcell on the 12th of this month and I have been trying to get it up and working.  I can get the power,ethernet, and gps all solid green, then the 3g bars start blinking green. I get the below error message about 5 to 8 mins into the activation process and shows the 3g bars blinking red. 

FTC231: The address entered during online activation does not match the GPS information provided by the MicroCell. Please click on "Manage AT&T 3G MicroCell Settings" below and update the address information on your MicroCell account. If the problem persists, please call AT&T Customer Service at 1-800-331-0500.

It gets pass the power up stage and software update stage and stops at the Location Verification stage.

I have called att tech support spent several hours on phone going over different stuff resetting, unplugging, moving close to window, deactivating and activate it back. same thing each time.

She did say on the phone at one point something about it shows it being 10xx meters away from my address.  she left me with she was opening a case and sending it to her manager. I never heard back from her today and it still dont work.

I do have a neighbor that has a microcell. she is the one told me about getting one and how good it works. 

anyone have some ideas so i can use my phone at my house! 

thanks!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.