What is happening with 3G?
Taylor729's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, January 25th, 2017 2:55 AM

Microcell not working after 3 day power outage

After 24 hours power and Ethernet lights solid green. Computer light off as it should be. GPS and 3G flashing green. While our power is on, our internet service is still down but Wi-Fi router seems to be working. I have reset the router and the microcell.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Taylor729 - if your internet service is down, then the MicroCell cannot reach the AT&T Mobility Servers because it needs an internet connection. Your WiFi router may be broadcasting a signal but if your internet is down, so is WiFi.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks! Thought the microcell was just sending signal to WiFi router and then phones just picked up that signal. Didn't realize that internet was needed somehow.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks! Thought the microcell was just sending signal to WiFi router and then phones just picked up that signal. Didn't realize that internet was needed somehow.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Taylor729 - I would suggest you read my Tech Guide (see link in my sig) to get a better understanding of how the MicroCell works and some troubleshooting pointers. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

on my Cisco Linksys E3000 is working all blue light. My Cisco booster att sent me has the botum lights on except the top two are blinking.  Now the second from the top is solid green but the internet one keeps blinking. Its been off for a week now.  I am sure it was because of the storm last Monday we also lost all electric. We live in the panhandle of Florida.  Please Help me.  

Thank you, Sandy Costill

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@floridaokaloosa - it would be helpful to know which MicroCell you have, the white or black model. It sounds to me like either the ac adapter is failing or has failed due to the power outage or the MicroCell was damaged. Check the ac adapter with a voltmeter. It should read 16VDC +/- 0.5 with no load. If it doesn't, then replace it with one of the same rating and see if that corrects the situation. If not, then the MicroCell could have been damaged which is unfortunate because they can not be repaired. Test the adapter and get back to us.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

How about the light just stay red or orange when replug

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Suntanfamily - which light? We need more information. Please read my Quick Tips (the link is in my signature line).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.