Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Microcell not working - GPS and 3G lights blinking/flashing green simultaneously constantly

Teacher

Microcell not working - GPS and 3G lights blinking/flashing green simultaneously constantly

When I plug in my microcell, the Power button is green and stays on....however, the GPS light and 3G light blink/flash green simultaneously constantly.   I have tried performing a hard reset on the microcell, but it did not work.   The Ethernet light does not come on at all.   I have U-verse as my internet provider.  I have my Microcell plugged directly into my 5268AC router (AT&T supplied the router).   I followed all the activation steps for the microcell and the AT&T microcell activation page is showing the very first step (Activation) to still be pending.   Please help.

Thank you

Message 1 of 49
ACE - Sage

Re: Microcell not working - GPS and 3G lights blinking/flashing green simultaneously constantly

@Travis_Lloyd

Wifi calling functions on Samsung and LG phones and iPhones as far back as the 2014/2015 models.   Heres a list of older phones. 

https://forums.att.com/t5/Android/Updated-List-of-WIFI-Calling-Capable-Phones/m-p/4977615#M80308

iPhone, Samsung and LG phones sold now all have Wifi calling.  Other brands have been excluded.  

Accessing Wifi calling is as simple as turning on advanced calling features and Wifi calling in phone app settings.  Set your E911 address while connected to home Wifi.  

If you post your make and model of your ATT android we can link more specific directions.

iPhone here.  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203032

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 46 of 49
ACE - Expert

Re: Microcell not working - GPS and 3G lights blinking/flashing green simultaneously constantly

@Travis_Lloyd - I’ve been pushing for updates and as soon as I can post something I will, but I may not have a lot of advanced notice. AT&T will announce it but my guess is that it will be without a lot of fanfare. They will start sending notices to those who have not used their MicroCell for awhile that their service will end soon for lack of use.

MicroCell Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

I am not an AT&T employee.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 47 of 49

@OttoPylot  Thanks for that tidbit of insight.  However, it seems a little weasely on their part to send a notification to those who are not utilizing their MicroCell and use that for an (alleged) pretense to shut-off their service (which as we all now know is not really the case) rather than giving their good customers (who've shelled-out fairly big bucks) and are still actively using their MicroCells the same courtesy.  That is counter-intuitive to say the least.  And hopefully they will explicitly inform them that they'll need to shift over to WiFi-C and provide explicit instructions on how to enable and use it; I know for a fact that there are a lot of longtime mobile phone users who are still flying by the seats of their pants as regards configuring their devices.  Please keep us all informed as you become aware of the Big Wig's plans...

Message 48 of 49
ACE - Expert

@Travis_Lloyd - if I get any advanced notice about the service being terminated I will certainly post it, if allowed. I'm hoping that AT&T will in fact notify current users via text that the service is ending on such a such date. 

As far as setting up WiFi-C, there are lots of instructions on the web on how to do that. Configuring ones phone is really the responsibility  of the end-user, not the service provider. I'm sure for those who call Support, Support will help them but as far as adding instructions on how to do that in a text, I'd be surprised if that happened.

WiFi-C, cellular boosters (I do have a Guide that should be available soon on what they are and how they work), or switching carriers for better coverage are going to be the only options so it would be a good idea to start planning ahead.

MicroCell Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

I am not an AT&T employee.

Message 49 of 49
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support