For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
gn87man's profile

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Sunday, January 7th, 2018 8:28 AM

Closed

Microcell not working - GPS and 3G lights blinking/flashing green simultaneously constantly

When I plug in my microcell, the Power button is green and stays on....however, the GPS light and 3G light blink/flash green simultaneously constantly.   I have tried performing a hard reset on the microcell, but it did not work.   The Ethernet light does not come on at all.   I have U-verse as my internet provider.  I have my Microcell plugged directly into my 5268AC router (AT&T supplied the router).   I followed all the activation steps for the microcell and the AT&T microcell activation page is showing the very first step (Activation) to still be pending.   Please help.

Thank you

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I'm getting messages from 32099 at early morning hours saying hi babe.. How can I find out owner 

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

6 years ago

Your question has nothing to do with a Microcell.  Regardless, there are websites that let you query CSC's, (SMS short codes) to determine the owner.  I tried 3 different websites and that code is either registered or not, depending on which site you use so those won't be of any help to you.

You can ignore the short code text message or you can text "Help" to 32099 to get more information which I think would be pointless.  You can also text back the word "Stop", "Quit", "Cancel", "Unsubscribe", or "End" to 32099.  In the US, it is required that one of those keywords remove a user from the campaign sending the messages.

Me?  I'd ignore the text message.....

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Baywatch74 - spam/phishing. Just ignore and don't reply.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I can't find my phone but I  do have the serial number can you track it and find it for me ?

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

6 years ago

This is the Microcell forum, but it's my understanding that no one can track a phone by just its serial number.  Unless you have a GPS tracking app on the phone that is operational (ie. Find My iPhone), you are out of luck.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

6 years ago

Actually a phone can be tracked by its IMEI number (which can be used to track or block phones) but the carrier needs to have a very good reason to attempt to find, or track, a phone via its IMEI number. Being lost is I'm sure not one of them.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

6 years ago

I was excluding law enforcement tracking since the phone wasn't stolen (I assume).  The carrier won't track the phone unless a law enforcement agency gets involved.  That requires the phone's owner to file a complaint with a law enforcement agency, who in turn requests the carrier to track the phone.  Of course, if the phone is turned off or the battery has died, no one can find it.

If you lose a phone, you should contact your carrier with the serial number, IMEI number and IMSI number (should keep these numbers in a safe place) and report it missing.  They can blacklist it so no one else can use it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

How long does it take to blacklist?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

How do we have these unrelated posts?   

Blacklist is immediate.  But unless someone uses the phone on cellular it wouldn’t show. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 - that is a very good question. At first it appears that someone accidentally posts to the wrong forum but then another seemingly un-related post appears. I've already re-directed another post to the appropriate forum but it seems to be happening more and more often.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.