What is happening with 3G?
gkjm31's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, November 15th, 2017 4:19 AM

Microcell not connected to my phone?

Microcellis working for other phones but not mine. I have deleted it from allowed users and added it back.

I have posted off my phone and powered it back up.

I can get no reception in my home. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

It does not show in upper lefthand corner that I am connected to AT&T Microcell.

I have 5 bars.

When try to make a call, I get notification "Emergency calls only"

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

6 years ago

@gkjm31 - what kind of phone? Have you recently updated it? We need more information. 5 bars would indicate that you have a cellular connection (if you're not referring to WiFi) provided that the M-Cell alpha tag is not displayed. If other phones can connect to the same MicroCell that would indicate an issue specific to your phone.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

6 years ago

Sounds like you don't have an active account if all you get is the Emergency Calls Only warning and your phone is showing a good tower signal.  Has AT&T turned off your service to that particular phone?

I'm assuming you've done the obvious like power cycling your phone?  Have you tried re-seating your SIM card if your phone has one?  Your SIM card could be defective also.  You may want to contact AT&T to find out about the status of your phone's account.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for responding. I've done all those things repeatedly. Service is active but there is no signal in my home without Microcell and it would not link. After numerous attempts of deleting approved number and adding it back over a period of 2 days, my husband's finally linked. It took 3 days of repeating to get mine to work. Internet was good. So...who knows?!?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

6 years ago

@gkjm31 - a solid internet connection does not necessarily mean that the MicroCell will work. It's all in how the voip connection is made. If your MicroCell displayed solid green lights then it was connected to the AT&T Mobility servers and the problem may have  been the phone. I do know that AT&T had a problem over the last couple of days with some phones not being able to connect to any cellular signal and the "fix" was to turn the phone off, wait, and then turn it back on.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

6 years ago

Why did your ISP give you an Arris telephony gateway?  Do you have internet telephone service?  I don't have the best opinion of Arris gateways in the first place.  They are cheap gateways ($35 @ Amazon) that AT&T probably received an additional discount for to push them to customers.

I prefer separate modems and routers as opposed to gateways that combine the two.  It is easier to troubleshoot home networks when those aren't combined into one box.  You can continue trying to find a solution with that gateway or bite the bullet and buy your own hardware.  If you are leasing the gateway, owning your own hardware is a lot cheaper in the long run.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Avedis53 - I don't think this is the poster with the Arris gateway problem. Unless he's posted in another thread that I missed.

@gkjm31 - We still would like to know the model of phones you are using, which ones are still working, and if you updated any of them prior to the problem.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.