For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
1prescott's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, July 30th, 2014 12:52 AM

Microcell lights not coming on

Microcell worked fine for several years. Then out of the blue, it stopped. so I was sent a replacement and when I went to activate it, all I could get was the first 2 lights to come on solid green. The lights below those wont come on at all (blinking or otherwise). So they sent me another replacement microcell and the same thing is happening. The first 2 lights come on, but nothing below that.

I have done all the resets, cables, priority, etc and nothing works.

??????

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

I replaced the adapter and it now works..

FYI.I replaced the adapter once and it kept getting as far as all solid
green, for a split second, and then going blank and back to red on the power
light. I kept trying to que it back up and the same thing kept happening.
Eventually the Red light wouldn't even come on. So I replaced the adapter a
2nd time and bingo, it is now solid green and my phone has the m-cell
indicator on. First time in about 3 weeks.

Thank You for your help and I hope this helps someone else.

AT&T Technical was supposed to call me back within 72 hours and that is up
right about now, with no call !!!!

Thanks again,

Chris

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

By the first two lights do you mean the Power and Ethernet (the world icon) lights? The other two lights, the GPS and 3G, are they blinking green, red, or not on at all?

If the replacement MicroCell is acting like the original MicroCell then something has happened to your ability to connect to the AT&T servers. At the very least, you should still be able to get GPS lock. Have you moved the position of the MicroCell away from a window? Have you upgraded any hardware or your internet service?

Describe in a little more detail your setup (location of MicroCell, router/modem, etc). What is bothersome is that you can't all of a sudden get a GPS lock.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

The first two lights, power and Ethernet are on and solid green.

The GPS and signal lights are dark.

This is exactly what the last microcell was doing

This microcell is a replacement of the last microcell (which was also a
replacement).

All within the last 3 weeks.

Thank You for any help you can give me

!!!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

Without GPS lock, you can't go on to the final activation phase. Have you changed where you have the MicroCell located? In other words, is it in the exact same position that it was when it was working? Have you changed the orientation of the MicroCell ( parallel or horizontal to the window)? Is there something blocking the view of the sky from the MicroCell?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

No, it is in the same location...nothing blocking it. Strange that the lights wont even come on blinking.
This has me stumped....

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

You said you did the resets. Does that include a hard reset? Are you using the same a/c adapter that you always have? Does it feel warmer than it should? Subjective I know but if it's too hot to touch..... One would think that if the adapter is going bad the power light wouldn't come on but I've seen all kinds of strange things when the adapter starts to have issues. What about taking the MicroCell over to a friend's house and seeing if you can at least get a GPS lock as a test.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Yes I have done a hard reset, as well.

Yes it is the same AC adapter, but is not abnormally warm.

When I tried the priority setup, the computer light did start flashing, but
of course, no GPS or signal light at all.

To get a GPS lock, wouldn't the GPS light come on and flash while it was in
the pre-lock stage no matter where it was set-up?

Thank You for your help

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

No lights (solid, flashing red, flashing green) for the GPS and 3G on multiple Mcells and being in the same physical location where it worked before makes me suspect that your AC adapter is faulty, especially if the adapter is several years old.  They fail too you know!

The first thing I'd try is to buy another AC adapter (check the Technical guide for the specs) and replace the original adapter.  You can always return the adapter if you get the same indicator light results.

The rest is speculation until you try this.....

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

Yep, replace the adapter and see if that works and then get back to us.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

It's too bad you had to replace the adapter twice. The adapter ratings are very important so maybe the first adpater wasn't the correct rating or it too was bad. What ever. At least you're up and running. Replacing the adapter is one of the first things we recommend.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.