What is happening with 3G?
kann's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 10:14 PM

Closed

Microcell issues

I am on my third Microcell...  ANY suggestions to make this thing work would be great !!  It loses its 3g connection everyday... has to be rebooted... has to sit in a window in order to find its GPS signal,  I am on the fastest internet speed, and been to internet service provider twice to check any problems with internet and there are NONE... Tech's have sent "updates" to my microcell, according to reps on phone, and it will work 4 even up to 5 days at one time with NO issues, then will lose it and here we go again.  Everytime AT&T tells me its a faulty box if it wont "keep" the updates... Three microcells later all with same issue.. not buying it... HELP  we have NO service in our home... Either let us out of contract, or fix it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Sorry that you're having continued issues with your microcell. 

Would you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you? I'd like to have a member of our team give you a call to see if there is anything else we can do. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I have had a AT&T Microcell now for over 6 months and it has NEVER worked.  I have tried every tip and hint for trying to get this thing to work.  I live in an area where cell phone cover is spotty at best and was hoping the Microcell would allow me to continue using AT&T as my cell phone provider.  I am at the point now where I will switch providers just so I can get coverage for my home.  I would NEVER recommend this product to anyone and feel it was total WASTE of $200.  Thanks AT&T!!!!!!  You will never get my business again, EVER!

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

12 years ago

Just a thought have you checked the cable connecting the Microcell to your internet? Ours lost the tab that held it in and it would fall out occasionally.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

@roy.blackwell wrote:

I have had a AT&T Microcell now for over 6 months and it has NEVER worked.  I have tried every tip and hint for trying to get this thing to work.  I live in an area where cell phone cover is spotty at best and was hoping the Microcell would allow me to continue using AT&T as my cell phone provider.  I am at the point now where I will switch providers just so I can get coverage for my home.  I would NEVER recommend this product to anyone and feel it was total WASTE of $200.  Thanks AT&T!!!!!!  You will never get my business again, EVER!

I'm sorry you're having such difficulty with your Microcell. What kind of troubleshooting have you done? Have the device or (to Vermonster's point) the cable been replaced at any time?

If you'd like, I can have a member of my team give you a call to see what else we can do to get this fixed up! Just send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

I'm almost to that point too. On my second tower in 3 weeks...we'll see. Sure isn't the "fix all" it was supposed to be. So far, on the second tower, lights are all green like the old one, but the phone loses connection to it (3 times so far) and I'm only on day two with it.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

I've had the microcell tower for a week now.......and it never holds a connection for more than a day.   Each day, whether I leave the house, or stay in, at some point the microcell signal is lost....and the only thing I've found to fix it is to power it off and back on.

Why won't it keep and hold the connection??????????!!!!

I'm seriously fed up with this.    I've been dealing with next to no reception in my home for over a year, and finally got the microcell after being promised it would fix the problem.     I'm really leaning towards breaking my contract and going with AT&T's main competition.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

@czgarcia - How is your replacement microcell working?

@JeffR46221 - I'm sorry your microcell is not working properly. Will you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

private message sent

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Got it and responded, thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I have had my Microcell for almost two years and for the most part it has worked well. However I have not neen able to use it for a few days. All of my lights are on steady except for the 3g (bars), which has been flashing green. I have restarted it several times to no avail. Help would certainly be appreciated, I really need my phone working at home.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.