What is happening with 3G?
kann's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 10:14 PM

Closed

Microcell issues

I am on my third Microcell...  ANY suggestions to make this thing work would be great !!  It loses its 3g connection everyday... has to be rebooted... has to sit in a window in order to find its GPS signal,  I am on the fastest internet speed, and been to internet service provider twice to check any problems with internet and there are NONE... Tech's have sent "updates" to my microcell, according to reps on phone, and it will work 4 even up to 5 days at one time with NO issues, then will lose it and here we go again.  Everytime AT&T tells me its a faulty box if it wont "keep" the updates... Three microcells later all with same issue.. not buying it... HELP  we have NO service in our home... Either let us out of contract, or fix it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

@Otto Pylot wrote:

@Julie_B wrote:
I'm new here and not yet sure of how to navigate this site. Can you re-post your port settings along with instructions on how to get to the settings. I'm willing to try anything at this point. Would really appreciate any help you can give. Thanks!

I posted the link to the MicroCell Troubleshooing Guide which has instructions for setting up port forwarding for various routers. It should be made a sticky soon so it will be at the top of the page.

http://www.wireless.att.com/media/en_US/swf/3Gmicrocell/ATT3GMicroCell-Troubleshooting.pdf

Thank you so much for your help...I'll give it a try!
Love the microcell and really hoping this will get it back up and running.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I purchased a microcell about three months ago and it has been performing well but yesterday it started dropping the connection. I did the power recycle and it came back late last night and was on for a short while this morning but has since dropped the connection again. I did another power recycle but it has not connected again. The only thing changed was I added my new iPhone5 to the microcell a few days ago or rather a technician with AT&T did this for me. So now my Iphone and my husband's iPhone are on the microcell.

I have zero service at my home without the microcell, so what is the solution? I don't feel I should have to purchase another $200 tower after only having this one for such a short time. Thanks.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

11 years ago

If you purchased your MicroCell new only 3 months ago then you are still under warranty. If support can't get it working for you, then they should replace it under warranty if they think it's a faulty MicroCell. Are both iPhones unable to connect now or is it just the iPhone 5? There was a firmware push a month or so ago for the new 4G service that iPhone 5s can do and there have been issues with that. You may want to try and de-register/re-register the MicroCell because some have reported that doing that corrected the problem with iPhone 5 connectivity.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

The MicroCell will not hold a connection so nothing connects.  The five bars on the front of the cell tower just blink.  When it actually holds a connection my phone has no problem connecting but the microcell itself won't connect.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

One other thing, how do I get in touch with support?  I can't seem to find that anywhere and that is why I posted here.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

11 years ago

@maggiebur wrote:

One other thing, how do I get in touch with support?  I can't seem to find that anywhere and that is why I posted here.

PM support. Go to the blue envelope in the upper right hand corner of this page, click on it and then click on Compose New Message. Send to ATTCustomerSupport. Give them as much info as you can about your problem, setup, phones, etc. I think they are there from 8-5 CST M-F.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Anybody actually know the address to which a message should be sent?  That one does not work.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

The following worked for me:

(1) Make sure it is near a Window and leave it there

(2) Plug your computer into the Microcell - not separately to the router.  This will rule out one class of problem by allowing you to easily confirm that you do not have cable or ISP problems. (If the computer can access the Internet configured this way, so too should the Microcell itself be able to).

(3) Hard reset the Microcell by holding in the recessed button on the back with a pin until the bottom light starts flickering.   The let everything complete - may take 20 minutes.  WARNING: This is not an AT&T recommended step and could "brick" (permanently damage) some Microcells with a hardware defect according to some reports some time ago and I cannot be responsible if this happens to any Microcell, old or new.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

11 years ago

@maggiebur wrote:

Anybody actually know the address to which a message should be sent?  That one does not work.

You are correct. I just tried it myself. Let me see if I can find out what's happening and I'll get back to you.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

11 years ago

@maggiebur wrote:

The correct address is: ATTCustomerCare. Sorry about that Smiley Embarassed I had support on my mind and replaced Care with Support when I posted. I sent you a pm with the correct address as well. I sent two test messages and they both went thru ok.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.