What is happening with 3G?
kann's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 10:14 PM

Closed

Microcell issues

I am on my third Microcell...  ANY suggestions to make this thing work would be great !!  It loses its 3g connection everyday... has to be rebooted... has to sit in a window in order to find its GPS signal,  I am on the fastest internet speed, and been to internet service provider twice to check any problems with internet and there are NONE... Tech's have sent "updates" to my microcell, according to reps on phone, and it will work 4 even up to 5 days at one time with NO issues, then will lose it and here we go again.  Everytime AT&T tells me its a faulty box if it wont "keep" the updates... Three microcells later all with same issue.. not buying it... HELP  we have NO service in our home... Either let us out of contract, or fix it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

2nd private message sent.

I still have not been contacted.....my patience has run out. If I don't get this issue fully resolved by the end of the day Friday, I'll be taking the microcell back to the store, and cancelling my service with AT & T......as will my girlfriend who lives with me, and her 2 children.....a total of approximately $5500 per year that we pay A T & T.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

My microcell has to be re-activated almost every day, sometimes numerous times per day.  One 8/6 it lost connection and now I keep getting errors the following errors from the AT&T website:

FTC006: System is temporarily unavailable. Please try activating your MicroCell at a later time. If the problem persists, please call 1-800-331-0500.  or

S100: We're sorry, but we are experiencing a temporary system error that prevents us from retrieving your account information. [CFS|CancelFemtocellService|50000000284].

I called Customer Service and they were unaware of any system errors with the microcell website.  I can log in, but it won't let me modify anything or disconnect the device so that I can try to get it restarted.  I have the fastest DSL available in my area and am not having any internet issues.  I would also like to add that "temporary" to me means a few hours, NOT days. I have no cell phone service at my home at all without the microcell, so it is important to me to try to get this resolved.  I see where you have offered assistance to some other members and am hoping that you will be able to assist me, as well.  Thanks for anything that you can do.

Guru

• 

808 Messages

12 years ago

@cjudy1 wrote:

I called Customer Service and they were unaware of any system errors with the microcell website.  

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Go figure everyone.....I still have not been contacted by any AT&T reps, even though my issue's priority was supposedly "escalated" well before I sent my last email.   I guess the multi-billion dollar company doesn't have to care about the individual subscriber. 

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

i have gone thru 2 microcells.
First one worked fine for a few months. then same problem as yours.
Third one arrived today and being installed hope it works

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I've had the same issue.  We bought the microcell a week and a half ago.  It activated just fine, but has not stayed connected to 3g for more than 2-3 days at a time.  Now I'm rebooting EVERY day.  I'm thinking due to the posts I've read here that my best bet is to take it back and get my $200, and then switch to a cell provider that I can get service through in my home.  When the microcell is connected, it works great.  It's just not staying connected, even though all lights are green.  Any suggestions?  Advice?  Should I jump ship before my 30 days are up??

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Just like providing wireless service in the home, AT&T doesn't actually guarantee to provide microcell service in the home. 

I've spent more than two hours dealing with "customer service" reps in the last two days. Here is what I had to try, that still does not work:

-Restart your phone every time you go near your microcell to make it connect, because it won't connect on it's own (so you'll miss calls every time you don't get home and spend 15 minutes connecting to the stupid device)

-Use airplane mode to reset the connect to your microcell. When that doesn't work, turn off your cellphone. When that doesn't work, unplug the microcell and wait half an hour for it to reconnect.

-Make sure you are not using a wireless internet provider, even if you are still able to connect to the actual modem.

-Switch internet providers. Twice. Continue dropping calls.

-Unregister and re-register your device three or four times (it does take about an hour each time). Do this until the website stops working. Scream.

AT&T is the single worst "service" provider ever. And I am a freaking chump. I'm paying for two service (wireless and microcell), and neither of them works. Even when I'm connected to my microcell, I drop calls.

Explorer

• 

22 Messages

12 years ago

Wow, I read about all the issues that folks have had and I'm a little surprised.  I've been using an AT&T microcell since the day the were available in my area, registered it once, and it has performed pretty much flawlessly for over two years (no dropped calls, text messages work great, media messages work great).  It has probably been down for a total of one hour over a two year time span.  I normally have two iPhones on the system, and I also have friends that regularly visit with various models and the microcell just works!  In fact, I we could not use our phones inside the house without it.  My backhaul is through a cable modem, but it's not a horribly fast connection (15 Mb down, 1 Mb up).  I do use an external GPS antenna so that I can place the microcell in the center of the house, but I don't use any particularity exotic network settings on my router. 

I'm not saying that other folks don't have issues, but rather that there are AT&T microcells that perform as advertised.  

Hope you are able to get your Microcell issues resolved! 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

12 years ago

That's pretty much been our experience as well. We had some trouble after about 8 months of use and got the MicroCell replaced (actually twice) under warranty. The third, and current MicroCell, had to be configured for port forwarding to a static ip but after that was done, it's been rock solid ever since even  with multiple users. Some have no issues at all, some have bumps like us that takes a week or so to resolve, and others just flat out can't get it to work.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I had the same problem and ATT support was no help. The microcell used to drop the signal several times a day. A week ago I did three things that seem to work. I changed the microcell, replace the router with newer one from ASUS and disabled the switching in the setting. I am not sure which of these was the reason for the improvement, but it seems to be working now.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.