What is happening with 3G?
jgkurz's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Tuesday, May 3rd, 2016 9:01 PM

Microcell issue with iPhone and two calls

Hi folks, I have the newer 4G black microcell and am having issues when a second call comes in on my iPhone 6. The quality works great with one call but as soon as a second call clicks in the accept the quality is terrible and unusable. The issue happens even if I end the first call and accept the second call. The only resolution is to hang up and call back. I have checked my internet speed, ping, and jitter and all seems good. The speed easily meets the required amount for "heavy users" @ 15Mb Down/1Mb Up. I have also made sure that there is no other device using bandwidth. Any ideas?

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

test 2!! i would give text version but not sure what u are talking about

Screen Shot 6.png

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

also it asks how many lines for voice ip the 1st time i put 2 second time I didnt   not sure if this matters

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@dale5740

The instructions are given on the site. Look around.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

Ill be searching the internet elswhere to try to solve this issue someone out there is smart enough to figure this problem out when I find the ansewr Ill let u guys know.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

It only affects my IPhone 6. Not my son's 6 or my wife's iPhone 5. I'm getting a new phone in a few days. Let's see if it goes away

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@dale5740 - The MicroCell does in fact work with multiple calls at a time (call waiting/conference calls). I've done that on my iPhones. However, for a lot of folks it doesn't so it's hard to determine where in fact the problem lies. I have an open discussion with the Admins about this but there appears to be more pressing issues for the Engineers to look into and fix than this one. That's certainly not a satisfactory answer but until I can gather more user information and pass it along, it will just sit on the back-burner. Maybe it is related to the 10-15 garbled voice on incoming calls that seems to go away after a bit. That I know AT&T is actively looking into because it has affected a lot of folks. Hopefully it that gets fixed, the other issues gets fixed as well.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have this problem as well and it is 100% a microcell problem.

I have had the problem for months with multiple iPhones (5, 6s - iOS9, iOS10)  - Not a phone problem

I have Comcast with 200mbps blast down 12mbps up - Not an ISP problem

I have had the problem with my old WiFi Netgear router and still having the problem on my new WiFi mesh network - Not a home network problem

I use VOIP clients to my office phone network from my iPhone without issue. - Not a VOIP problem

The problem is that when you answer a call waiting call the quality gets garbled and broken.

You have to hangup and call back. Huge pain that needs to be fixed.

It is an AT&T Micocell related problem - simple as that.

Let's not keep suggesting that we use alternative options - if you want to do that then suggest a landline with a rotary dial phone perhaps.

Point is we all bought a Microcell, pay for the service and it should WORK.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I agree 100%. All I see here are excuses by the "experts". ISP, adapter, phone settings, Mbps, etc...all b s

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

We use Samsung Phones and it's not an iOS issue alone. Thisbneeds to be
corrected.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Issues2Fix

@Elan88

@Risk636

There are definitely issues with the MicroCell, more than likely on the backend at the server side. We ask posters who have issues to go thru a few basic trobleshooting procedures because quite often, they will correct the issue or at least point in the direction of the problem. Support just reads from a script with very little support of their own. AT&T is obviously having one h***uva time isolating and fixing the problems because they are not network wide and specific to phone type or ISP. Different problems can exhibit the same symptoms and that's why we ask the questions that we do. I have three MicroCells, a DPH-151, a 153, and the new black 154. Since around Thanksgiving, I've been periodically swapping them out to see if I have any of the problems, and I have not. I can do call waiting/call forwarding, incoming calls are not garbled at all, and I have not lost connectivity. There is nothing special about my line and I am just a user like the rest of you.

As an ACE, we have access to a deeper level of support than most. So I've been using that access to push for answers and help. The Admins that I have access to are really concerned about these issues and want a resolution as bad the affected customers do. But there is more going on than meets the eye. I know this doesn't help at all, and I'm not making excuses for AT&T because the whole mess really p***es me off as well, so I'll keep advocating for everyone as long as I can.

AT&T is very much aware of the three main issues currently affecting customers, and they may be related. Who knows? It's a harsh reality but if enough people start switching carriers (which in itself is not a pleasant thought) and hitting AT&T where it hurts, maybe then they will put more resources on the problem. I wish I could do more and had better answers but I don't.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.