For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
bones83's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, November 7th, 2012 8:28 PM

Microcell is eating up my internet connection

Ive been using my microcell for about  a month and its been killing my internet speed.  I pay for 20 mbps and avg about 16mbps on speed tests. Lately with the microcell on its all the way down to one. I only have 3 phones on the microcell. My setup is my microcell is plugged into my router which goes to my modem. Any ideas how to fix this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I power cycled twice. But I fixed it. I disconnected it from my account and reactivated it again and all is well again. My speedtests are now back to normal. Than you all you the help.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

11 years ago

Somebody else just posted the same problem. I have 10 phones registerd on my MicroCell but normally only 2 or 3 are on at one time and we've never encountered any slowdowns even streaming movies and talking at the same time. I have a sustained 20MBps DSL line connected this way: DSL gateway -> router -> MicroCell. The MicroCell is the only wired connection. I do use port forwarding to a static MicroCell IP so the only traffic on those ports is the MicroCell.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I have the same setup but I dont use port forwarding. Everything was fine today till a brown out happened and now its killing my speed. I went from 17mbps to .5mbps. I unplug the microcell and its back to 17 again

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

11 years ago

Sounds like all you needed was a complete power cycle (unplugging, etc) to correct it. Good news!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I really love my micro-cel!  However, I want to reduce my media costs and am considering downgrading from my Comcast 75 mps plan to a Centrylink 20 mps.  Will that speed be sufficient?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

8 years ago

@exeterjeep - all the MicroCell needs is a minimum of 3.0Mbps down and 512kbps up. That being said, the quality of your line, how your ISP handles VoIP traffic, and the number of devices connected at any one time is critical. I have a 20Mbps DSL line that is extremely clean and we never have any MicroCell issues even when streaming and using the phone at the same time. Of course YMMV. CenturyLink is going thru some changes right now, not all of them good, so just be aware of that. We've had lots of negative reports about them and the MicroCell.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.