What is happening with 3G?
jaring's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, September 10th, 2012 3:59 PM

Microcell green 3G light blinking after 1 year - no resolution. Looking for suggestions please.

Hello folks!

I have zero bars in my house so got a microcell.  Worked great for over a year.  Went on vacation and returned to find my 3g light blinking (all other lights solid green).  I've been through AT&T support for 3 weeks and we can't get a resolution.  I can't even activate it anymore.   I'm getting desperate and am hoping you all can help.

ATT gets the same error message over and over:

(210) HNB-GW.HOST:172.26.244.1 Port 3052

(Note Port 3052 is registered to APC Power Conversion for the Powerchute Network Shutdown program.  It is for a network-based shutdown of multiple servers using an UPS.  I have one computer, don't have an UPS, and have never had this program.)

Here's my system info:

Modem - ATT Motorola 3360 Wired

Router - Belkin F6D4230-4 V1

DSL internet through ATT

PC running Vista

Here's what we have tried over 3 weeks:

1) power cycling

2) unregistering and registering on the ATT site

3) replacement refurbished microcell

4) I bought a new microcell

5) new replacement modem

6) priority configuration

7) opening ports 443, 123, 500, 4500, and 3052 on the router

😎 excluding ports 443, 123, 500, 4500, 3052 on the Windows firewall

9) took the Microcell outside the NAT via the DMZ

And a Final Last ditch effort:

New Modem and New Microcell connected to PC (router taken out - unplugged, unconnected), Windows firewall disabled, virus protection disabled, adware blocker disabled, pop-up blocker disabled.  Power cycled, deactived, and reregistering/reactivating through ATT website.

Result:  all lights solid green except for green blinking 3G light, activation failed.  Same error message as posted above:

(210) HNB-GW.HOST:172.26.244.1 Port 3052

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

jaring

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

MY SOLUTION!

Good news for me anyway...   I was transferred to advanced support and outside support with no help.  On a separate call, our DSL appeared to have experienced a slowdown so I had a tech out to the house who gave me new modem #2, added a whole house splitter, and redid the wires.  Though he said he didn't know anything about the microcell, he thought that maybe upping my DSL speed might help. 

So I upgraded my DSL two levels and BAM the microcell came right back in less than 5 minutes of activation!  Even though my microcell had worked for over a year, somehow over vacation, the Microcell now requires a higher upload speed than my DSL package provided.  The outside support said that even though the miminum upload speed of around .25 MBPS was met (mine was 0.31), they have heard of quite a few people needing upload speeds of at least 0.5MBPS.

So after over 1 month of ATT customer "support" and "help" blabbering about power-cycling and the mysterious blocked non-existant port 3052, the solution was that my DSL upload speed (even though it met the requirements) was too slow and I had to upgrade.

Hope it might help someone else.

Jen

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

12 years ago

Why are you using Port 3052? Your PC running Vista (I'm sorry) should have no effect on your MicroCell unless you're routing the MicroCell thru it (?). Try connecting the MicroCell (priority mode) to the DSL modem directly. That takes the PC(?) and the router out of the picture. If that works, then it's more than likely a router setting. Ideally it should be modem -> router -> MicroCell.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

I just threw up all the information/specs just in case it helped....

I do NOT use port 3052, have never used port 3052,  and do not have a program that uses port 3052.  That is just the kooky error message that shows up on ATTs end (I don't see this message).  They have never even seen this error message.

I have have tried the priority mode on both modems and all three Microcells (old, refurbished, and new) in various combinations.

I have also connected the just the modem, computer, and Microcell - not just prioritizing the connection, but actually removing the router entirely.

Thanks,

jaring

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

12 years ago

Have you checked with your ISP about port 3052? Some IPS have open and closed ports that they use and a lot of the times the end-user doesn't know about. By connecting your computer I assume you mean that both the MicroCell and computer are connected via separate ethernet ports (unless your computer is connected wirelessly) to your router.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Yep, computer and Microcell connected via separate Ethernet cables.

Funny thing, ATT is my ISP (DSL) and told me that they don't block ports.  They did a line check and I passed with flying colors.  We have done several three way calls with ATT DSL, ATT Wireless, and myself.  Sigh.

Port 3052 isn't even used by the Microcell so who knows. 

Thanks,

Jen

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

12 years ago

Well that is definitely weird then. Something is trying to open port 3052 and confusing everybody. Have you tried a hard reset on the Microcell (reset button on back)? Have you tried port forwarding to a static IP on the MicroCell?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Otto,

Thanks.  Tried both of those. ATT "special case management" just said there is nothing they can do and closed the case.  They are done.  One week ago "special case management" told me to powercycle.  Glad to see they that they actually read the case - since I had already power cycled 17 times.  They left the message on my cell, which I told them doesn't work in the house even though I gave them my landline number.

Sorry to vent, been 3 weeks and "support" is incompetent.

Probably time to find a new carrier.  Wanted to upgrade to the new Iphone anyway.

Best,

jaring

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Just FYI, I had a very similar problem in early September - went on vacation, came back, no more M-Cell.  Support couldn't figure it out, so they shipped me a new M-Cell.  Plugged that one in, forwarded all the listed ports, still no 3G.  My GPS and 3G lights blink forever.  The activation progress on the AT&T website hasn't even gone beyond the "Power Up" step.  I've tried router reboots, M-Cell power cycles, you name it.  Fortunately I do have 2-3 bars in my location but I do miss the M-Cell.

One thing I haven't tried is DMZ to the M-Cell.  Did that change anything for you?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

FWIW, I was told by ATT about the same 172.26.244.1:3052 issue when I try to activate.

Please let me know if you have found a solution. Appreciate it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I had the same problem. Don't bother calling at&t they have no clue on how to fix this problem.

I tried everything suggested on this website. The ONLY thing that worked for me was to disconnect the microcell tower from my router including the power supply. Then I deactivated the unit. After a few minutes I activated it again and this time (after 45 minutes) it went to solid green.

I spent 2 days calling and emailing everybody and anybody that would listen. Save yourself a lot of heartache and grief try this before you lift that phone receiver again and spend another quarter or your precious time

That being said the unit is spectacular! I get full 5 bars when before If it was a good day I got one maybe two.

My calls are crystal clear. No problems with dropped calls at all.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.