For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
jaring's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, September 10th, 2012 3:59 PM

Microcell green 3G light blinking after 1 year - no resolution. Looking for suggestions please.

Hello folks!

I have zero bars in my house so got a microcell.  Worked great for over a year.  Went on vacation and returned to find my 3g light blinking (all other lights solid green).  I've been through AT&T support for 3 weeks and we can't get a resolution.  I can't even activate it anymore.   I'm getting desperate and am hoping you all can help.

ATT gets the same error message over and over:

(210) HNB-GW.HOST:172.26.244.1 Port 3052

(Note Port 3052 is registered to APC Power Conversion for the Powerchute Network Shutdown program.  It is for a network-based shutdown of multiple servers using an UPS.  I have one computer, don't have an UPS, and have never had this program.)

Here's my system info:

Modem - ATT Motorola 3360 Wired

Router - Belkin F6D4230-4 V1

DSL internet through ATT

PC running Vista

Here's what we have tried over 3 weeks:

1) power cycling

2) unregistering and registering on the ATT site

3) replacement refurbished microcell

4) I bought a new microcell

5) new replacement modem

6) priority configuration

7) opening ports 443, 123, 500, 4500, and 3052 on the router

😎 excluding ports 443, 123, 500, 4500, 3052 on the Windows firewall

9) took the Microcell outside the NAT via the DMZ

And a Final Last ditch effort:

New Modem and New Microcell connected to PC (router taken out - unplugged, unconnected), Windows firewall disabled, virus protection disabled, adware blocker disabled, pop-up blocker disabled.  Power cycled, deactived, and reregistering/reactivating through ATT website.

Result:  all lights solid green except for green blinking 3G light, activation failed.  Same error message as posted above:

(210) HNB-GW.HOST:172.26.244.1 Port 3052

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

jaring

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

@Otto Pylot wrote:

.....but if you do get it fixed, please let us know. You can PM me if you want.

for sure!

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

I've spent months speaking to both AT&T managers and TWC regional manager and their tech support team.  I'm on my 4th replacment microcell from AT&T and they've exhausted all avenues.  I also had Netgear send me replacment router to no avail. They have also held conference calls with AT&T and TWC regional tech support team who had Microcell connected directly to TWC modem and router and connected just fine through computer online, but AT&T still saying Port 4500 blocked.

ATT has confirmed their Microcell is not compatible with Time Warner Cable. They don't use assymetric service- doesn't give "priority" on their residential TWC servers. Everyone needs to complain to both companies!!

Everyone needs to call, post and complain!!  Rumor that Comcast may be buying out TWC?  Maybe that will be better??

Check out this post s well and keep calling, posting and complaining until something is done!

http://forums.att.com/t5/3G-MicroCell/3G-Microcell-stopped-working-maybe-Insight-Time-Warner-recent/m-p/3845247/highlight/false#M12437

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

First of all, it doesn't do any good to post rumors (Comcast buying out TWC) because if that turns out to be true, it will be months before anything happens and probably longer than that until we know how the MicroCell will work via Comcast on whatever back-end TWC has.

Second, TWC and AT&T are working on figuring out what the issue is because it appears to be localized to the KY area only. The blanket statement that TWC and the MicroCell are not compatible has to be taken with a grain of salt. I've not seen any TWC/MicroCell issues reported from other areas of the country, yet.

You're also posting the same thing in two different threads. It would be best to keep your posts to one thread to make it easier to follow and respond to.

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

10 years ago

FWIW I'm also still without resolution. AT&T insisted it was my employer blocking mine. The employer insists that it's AT&T. Ultimately AT&T decided it was a "faulty device" (even though it worked at home) and sent a new one, which also works at home, but not at work. I've given up. I'll just wait out my contract. I can't continue to be wihtout a phone at work, indefinitely.  Hope yours gets resolved.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

Wow. It's been awhile since you posted back. Sorry that it didn't work out. If either MicroCell works at home, but not at work, then there's something unique, or wrong, with the connection from work to AT&T. I forget but who is you ISP (home and work). I know we can't use MicroCell's at work because IT won't allow them so I have no realiable cell phone coverage in my office (which is in the basement) other than messaging. Fortunately I have a Cisco VOIP desk phone so I can still get calls.

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

10 years ago

@Otto Pylot wrote:

Wow. It's been awhile since you posted back. Sorry that it didn't work out. If either MicroCell works at home, but not at work, then there's something unique, or wrong, with the connection from work to AT&T. I forget but who is you ISP (home and work). I know we can't use MicroCell's at work because IT won't allow them so I have no realiable cell phone coverage in my office (which is in the basement) other than messaging. Fortunately I have a Cisco VOIP desk phone so I can still get calls.

Yes, the wheels grind slowly.... Yes, BOTH MCs work at home and neither works at work...so clearly it's not a defective unit. Home is comcast, work is the university so no idea... 

They *say* we are getting VOIP (we don't have landlines) soon, so that should help. Work IT has been trying to be helpful, but they don't quite get it.  I'm sure it was some change in firewall or some such thing that caused it to stop working back in May. But I've given up.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

That's right. You're at the University. It's odd. The MicroCell is a Cisco product, we have Cisco IP phones, and our data lines are all AT&T, but yet, the MicroCell won't work for us at work even though the MicroCell is a Cisco product. I'm thinking, for us at least, it's a contractural thing more than a technological thing. You're probably correct in that there is some sort of firewall that is preventing VOIP calls from your work. It would make sense on a University level (my wife has a similar issue and she also works for a University) because who knows what the students would or would not do without firewalls to prevent access to certain ports.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

If you are connecting via a router try changing your DNS to open source on the router. I changed mine to  208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220.  After 2 weeks of no service and no help from tech support this worked for me. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

You've responded to a 6 month old post in which the OP never got back to us. However, changing the DNS might work in a case like this.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Jen,

I can't determine the IP address of the MicroCell so I can't open the ports. The unit does not show up in my Win7 network Map or on my LinkSys device address list.

I have solid green Power, Ethernet, & GPS and blinking 3G signal light. ATT has tried for 2 days to resolve.

What is the IP address of the MicroCell (I assume it is fixed)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Bill

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.