What is happening with 3G?
jaring's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, September 10th, 2012 3:59 PM

Microcell green 3G light blinking after 1 year - no resolution. Looking for suggestions please.

Hello folks!

I have zero bars in my house so got a microcell.  Worked great for over a year.  Went on vacation and returned to find my 3g light blinking (all other lights solid green).  I've been through AT&T support for 3 weeks and we can't get a resolution.  I can't even activate it anymore.   I'm getting desperate and am hoping you all can help.

ATT gets the same error message over and over:

(210) HNB-GW.HOST:172.26.244.1 Port 3052

(Note Port 3052 is registered to APC Power Conversion for the Powerchute Network Shutdown program.  It is for a network-based shutdown of multiple servers using an UPS.  I have one computer, don't have an UPS, and have never had this program.)

Here's my system info:

Modem - ATT Motorola 3360 Wired

Router - Belkin F6D4230-4 V1

DSL internet through ATT

PC running Vista

Here's what we have tried over 3 weeks:

1) power cycling

2) unregistering and registering on the ATT site

3) replacement refurbished microcell

4) I bought a new microcell

5) new replacement modem

6) priority configuration

7) opening ports 443, 123, 500, 4500, and 3052 on the router

😎 excluding ports 443, 123, 500, 4500, 3052 on the Windows firewall

9) took the Microcell outside the NAT via the DMZ

And a Final Last ditch effort:

New Modem and New Microcell connected to PC (router taken out - unplugged, unconnected), Windows firewall disabled, virus protection disabled, adware blocker disabled, pop-up blocker disabled.  Power cycled, deactived, and reregistering/reactivating through ATT website.

Result:  all lights solid green except for green blinking 3G light, activation failed.  Same error message as posted above:

(210) HNB-GW.HOST:172.26.244.1 Port 3052

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

jaring

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

10 years ago

@Otto Pylot wrote:

Out of curiosity, what did the list from AT&T support consist of?

http://www.att.com/devicehowto/index.jsp?cv=820&id=stepbystep_KB110286&make=ATT&model=3GMicroCell&mobile=false

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

Aargh! That's just the usual garden variety support document. I have that linked in my sig. There's more detailed information in my Technical Guide which is the second link in my sig.

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

10 years ago

@Otto Pylot wrote:

Aargh! That's just the usual garden variety support document. I have that linked in my sig. There's more detailed information in my Technical Guide which is the second link in my sig.

Thanks. I bookmarked that as well. I suspect it will all be for naught as they will say "no blocked ports, nothing we can do". 

I've spent hours on this already. Boss has long since lost patience lol.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

Unfortunately, the MicroCell has very specific requirements, as do other femtocells, so the user really needs to have as much control over the various devices that comprise their LAN as possible. Being in a University building with no control over the router(s), and with marginal AT&T tower coverage is a difficult, if not impossible situation. Switching to another carrier that has coverage that doesn't require femtocell assistance may be your only viable option. Read thru the Guide about initialization, MicroCell placement and setup, etc. There just might be something there that will be of help for your situation.

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

10 years ago

@Otto Pylot wrote:

Unfortunately, the MicroCell has very specific requirements, as do other femtocells, so the user really needs to have as much control over the various devices that comprise their LAN as possible. Being in a University building with no control over the router(s), and with marginal AT&T tower coverage is a difficult, if not impossible situation. Switching to another carrier that has coverage that doesn't require femtocell assistance may be your only viable option. Read thru the Guide about initialization, MicroCell placement and setup, etc. There just might be something there that will be of help for your situation.

yeah, it's complicated. Something clearly changed, because it worked fine in this location for 4 or 5 years. Basically since ATT first released them.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hmmm, if it worked that long in the same location with no changes on your end then it does sound like something is blocking or interfering with access from the IT end. It's a University, so maybe they've decided to throttle speeds for certain ports to discourage college students from what college students do, or there's packet loss what ever. It could be any number of Administrative changes that have been implemented over time. The MicroCell is a VoIP device so maybe IT's Admin doesn't allow that. If you do get it fixed, please report back and let us know what was done. It might make a good addition to the Guide for others in similar situations.

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

10 years ago

@Otto Pylot wrote:

Hmmm, if it worked that long in the same location with no changes on your end then it does sound like something is blocking or interfering with access from the IT end. It's a University, so maybe they've decided to throttle speeds for certain ports to discourage college students from what college students do, or there's packet loss what ever. It could be any number of Administrative changes that have been implemented over time. The MicroCell is a VoIP device so maybe IT's Admin doesn't allow that. If you do get it fixed, please report back and let us know what was done. It might make a good addition to the Guide for others in similar situations.

Yeah it does, doesn't it? Ive now had 2 different micrcocells, tried on two ports in my office 2 ports in colleague's office and 2 ports in another colleague's office. Three different ethernet cables.

And today I'm back to my original port. 

Something changed at the Univ.

When the economy tanked, the univ. took our landline phones, so our cell phones are our only phones.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

I wish I could be of more help. Sorry.

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

10 years ago

@Otto Pylot wrote:

I wish I could be of more help. Sorry.

Thanks!Smiley Happy

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

.....but if you do get it fixed, please let us know. You can PM me if you want.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.