What is happening with 3G?
jaring's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, September 10th, 2012 3:59 PM

Microcell green 3G light blinking after 1 year - no resolution. Looking for suggestions please.

Hello folks!

I have zero bars in my house so got a microcell.  Worked great for over a year.  Went on vacation and returned to find my 3g light blinking (all other lights solid green).  I've been through AT&T support for 3 weeks and we can't get a resolution.  I can't even activate it anymore.   I'm getting desperate and am hoping you all can help.

ATT gets the same error message over and over:

(210) HNB-GW.HOST:172.26.244.1 Port 3052

(Note Port 3052 is registered to APC Power Conversion for the Powerchute Network Shutdown program.  It is for a network-based shutdown of multiple servers using an UPS.  I have one computer, don't have an UPS, and have never had this program.)

Here's my system info:

Modem - ATT Motorola 3360 Wired

Router - Belkin F6D4230-4 V1

DSL internet through ATT

PC running Vista

Here's what we have tried over 3 weeks:

1) power cycling

2) unregistering and registering on the ATT site

3) replacement refurbished microcell

4) I bought a new microcell

5) new replacement modem

6) priority configuration

7) opening ports 443, 123, 500, 4500, and 3052 on the router

😎 excluding ports 443, 123, 500, 4500, 3052 on the Windows firewall

9) took the Microcell outside the NAT via the DMZ

And a Final Last ditch effort:

New Modem and New Microcell connected to PC (router taken out - unplugged, unconnected), Windows firewall disabled, virus protection disabled, adware blocker disabled, pop-up blocker disabled.  Power cycled, deactived, and reregistering/reactivating through ATT website.

Result:  all lights solid green except for green blinking 3G light, activation failed.  Same error message as posted above:

(210) HNB-GW.HOST:172.26.244.1 Port 3052

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

jaring

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

11 years ago

Did you ever try a hard reset on your MicroCell (holding in the reset button for 30 seconds)? The blinking green 3G (with all other light being solid green) is usually an activation issue because an update was received or maintenance has been performed on the local tower requiring a full reset of the MicroCell. Deactivation/reactivation can achieve the same thing but a hard reset is easier and solves the issue in a lot of instances.

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

I'm now in the same boat. We got a m-cell at work (major university, big brick building) when AT&T first offered them. It worked great with a few little exceptions until last month. Now the green 3G light flashes.

I've checked the ethernet ports (I have wall ports in my office), and they still work. I've de-activated and reactivated. I received text saying congrats I was ready to go. I spoke with AT&T twice...I did a 30 second reset twice.

I hope to get it resolved, otherwise boss says we're moving to Verizon, which I really don't want to do...Smiley Sad

Does any one have any suggestions? We don't have control of our routers (university), so connecting it through there isn't an option.

thanks

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

Just spoke with AT&T microcell support again. They have no suggestions, other than powercycling the university's router. sigh.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

11 years ago

There are specific ports that have to remain open at all times for the MicroCell to function correctly. A flashing green 3G light indicates no connection to AT&Ts servers. Are the other lights a solid green?

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

@Otto Pylot wrote:
There are specific ports that have to remain open at all times for the MicroCell to function correctly. A flashing green 3G light indicates no connection to AT&Ts servers. Are the other lights a solid green?

Yep. All except the computer light are solid green. Only the 3G light is flashing.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

11 years ago

You can check with your Univ. IT guys about the ports but if you have no control over the router... You can try to deactivate/reactivate your account or do a hard reset.

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

@Otto Pylot wrote:
You can check with your Univ. IT guys about the ports but if you have no control over the router... You can try to deactivate/reactivate your account or do a hard reset.

Yep. Called IT they came over and said no blocked ports.

I spoke with ATT again, they suggested an antenna. Bought that. nothing

I spoke with ATT again, they suggested a new microcell. Bought that. nothing.

It's now been over a month with no resolution.

On hold with ATT again, who's once again asking me to reset the university modem.

Alas: my colleague's verizon iphone works perfectly here.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

11 years ago

It's difficult to "fix" the problem if you don't have access to the routers, which in your case, you don't (if I remember correctly). Something is interfering with your ability to connect to AT&Ts servers (blinking green 3G light). That's obvious. But without access to see how the University's routers are configured....... My wife works for a University so I know how difficult it can be getting IT to fix an issue that they don't consider their problem.

I don't understand why support told you to get an antenna if you have a stable GPS lock, unless there is difficulty in verifying your physical location which AT&T does every now and then to check for active accounts. You might want to check the Technical Guide for information. There might be something there that is useful in regards to activation and use.

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

@Otto Pylot wrote:

It's difficult to "fix" the problem if you don't have access to the routers, which in your case, you don't (if I remember correctly). Something is interfering with your ability to connect to AT&Ts servers (blinking green 3G light). That's obvious. But without to see how the University's routers are configured....... My wife works for a University so I know how difficult it can be getting IT to fix an issue that they don't consider their problem.

Indeed. I have IT coming out again. ATT sent me a list of things to ask them.

I suspect it's hopeless, but will give it a try.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

11 years ago

Out of curiosity, what did the list from AT&T support consist of?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.