What is happening with 3G?
mstwink's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, June 1st, 2014 6:03 PM

Microcell doesn't work with Netgear N450 router

I have a Netgear N450 router to work with comcast internet.

I have tread the suggestions for adding a Netgear router (nothing specific to N450) and the microcell drops calls after about 5 secs.

I have set

DHCP Reservation Lease Info 

#Mac Address           IP Address

bc:c8:10:24:8e:92  192.168.0.101

MTU size to 1492

I have forwarded ports 123, 4500, 500 & 443 to the MCell ip address.

I have reset the Mcell and all the lights are green.

Microcell starts the call on my iphone, but drops after about 5 sec.

What else can I do?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

Ok, so the Netgear is a combo. So, all the lights (power, GPS, ethernet, and 3G) on the MicroCell are a solid green That indicates that the MicroCell is working and has made a connection to the AT&T servers. When your calls get dropped, do you notice the 3G winking out for a moment or blinking? What model of iPhone do you have. You could try to Reset Network Settings (keeping in mind that you may have to re-enter pw's etc). I'm assuming your iPhone works just fine when you are outside of MicroCell range. You might want to check that your line is good for VoIP calls and your speeds are stable.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

Connect the MicroCell directly to the Comcast modem bypassing the Netgear router altogether and see if that improves your connectivity. If it does, then that narrows down the problem to the Netgear and eliminates the MicroCell and Comcast. Does the Netgear router meet the minimum router requirements as listed in the Tech Guide (IPSec Passthrough enabled, blocked Fragmented Packets disabled, etc). Also make sure that only one of your devices, the router or the Comcast modem are handling NAT duties.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Unfortunatley, the Netgear is the router and modem - nothing else inbetween.

I have checked the Tech guide and I checked that the N450 does meet the criteria.

I am hoping someone else has tried an N450 and has gotten it to work.

It was recommended by Comcast.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks. I reset the network settings and now it works!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

If Resetting Network Settings worked for you, could you check the Accept As Solution box on my post above. It helps others when they use the Search feature for similar issues. Thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have faced this issue but i got the solution, so i can fix the issue.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I also faced the same issue with netgear router and now it works fine.Thanks to ottopylot.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@chrismarsh - you’re welcome.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.