Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Microcell deactivated

Contributor

Microcell deactivated

Since the microcell has been discontinued does it still need to be deactivated before buying a used one

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎05-28-2018 9:39 AM

Re: Microcell deactivated

A used Mcell must be deactivated by its previous owner or you won't be able to activate it.  The fact that the Mcell is no longer being sold and soon to be forced into retirement doesn't matter.  

Do not buy a used Mcell without the seller guarantying that the Mcell is operational and deactivated.  Otherwise, you'll most likely end up with a doorstop.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Microcell deactivated

@Flynn63 - what @Avedis53 said is accurate. There is a section in my Tech Guide (link is in my sig line) on purchasing used MicroCells. The service will still be active for the time being (the rest of the year at least) but that will eventually be discontinued as well. WiFi-C is what we recommend now if your phone is capable (AT&T phone) and you have a post paid AT&T cellular account.

MicroCell Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

I am not an AT&T employee.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support