For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
jujtwin2's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 8th, 2015 8:41 PM

Microcell and Windows 10

I just upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 and then my Microcell stopped working.  My Microcell is NOT connected to the laptop. Could the issue be related to my Windows 10 upgrade?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

9 years ago

This question has already been asked and answered. Windows 10 has nothing to do with the MicroCell unless you are using the Computer Port on the white MicroCell which is not recommended. The MicroCell should not be used as a pass-thru device. The Computer Port was eliminated in the new, black MicroCell (DPH-154) because of issues (conflicts with the computer's networks settings and the router the MicroCell was connected to).

Note: the same question was asked by another poster on Aug. 8th. The Search feature works fairly well.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have the same issue. Microcell worked fine for 3 years. Now cannot connect after installing Windows 10 (flashes green on the internet light). Tried all the 'routine' rebooting. Too much of a coincidence to not be related to the Windows change

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

8 years ago

Again, Windows 10 has nothing to do with the MicroCell unless you are using the MicroCell (via the Computer port) as a pass-through to your computer, which is something we recommend you do not do. Cisco/AT&T  removed the Computer port on the newest model of the MicroCell, the DPH-154, because of the issues encountered using the port as a pass-through.

If you are using the Computer port on the MicroCell and are having issues after the Windows 10 update  you'll need to take that up with Microsoft because that is not an issue with the MicroCell but more than likely the network settings under Windows 10.

The MicroCell should be connected directly to your router or gateway.

Please explain your setup.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I am having the same issue with a Lumia 1520 running windows 10 phone.  It worked before the upgrade, and my family's other phones still work with the microcell. Microcell is connected directly to router. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

8 years ago

If your phone worked before you upgraded and now it doesn't, the problem is the Win10 upgrade, especially since your other phones still work. You will have to work with the phone mfr to figure out why because AT&T can't possibly keep up with all of the various phone devices, OS updates, and firmware pushes. It's up to the mfr to ensure that their device/OS works with the MicroCell. Hopefully someone here has also encountered this problem and came up with a workaround that they are willing to share. The Windows OS for phones has been problematic in the past with MicroCell compatibility.

Does your phone not connect at all or are you experiencing voice quality issues, dropped calls, etc.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.