What is happening with 3G?
JBBaas's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, March 20th, 2017 2:23 PM

Microcell active, but phone stopped connection

I have an AT&T 3G microcell (picked up used) and a Samsung S6. Activated properly and remains activate with all green lights solid. It worked great for 3 days, giving me the AT&T Microcell at the top of my phone and all bars solid.  Today, I am at 1 bar and no Microcell atop my phone.  Have tried troubleshooting through AT&T web site.  No deals.  Please advise.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@JBBaas - did you update your phone after you were successfully activated and working?

Being as it is a used MicroCell, and I am assuming the white model, it might be worth checking out the ac adapter with a voltmeter. It should read 16VDC +/- 0.5 with no load. We've seen all kinds of strange behavior once the adapters begin to fail. It could be delivering just enough power to the board to light it up but not enough for the radio. If it doesn't meet those specs then replace the ac adapter with one of the same rating and see if that resolves your issue.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

Have you tried doing a hard reset of the Mcell?  See Otto's Tech Guide for details.  It's a good idea to power cycle your router and modem (or gateway) at the same time too.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.