For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
hwalton83's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, August 17th, 2015 5:12 PM

Microcell Stopped Connecting to Iternet

Hello,

I have an ATT Microcell that I have been using successfully for a few years now.  Last week, out of the blue, it stopped picking up the wireless signal.  All other devices are connecting to the internet fine, and I have tried a different ethernet cord with no success.

Can't use my iphone in my office until this get's resolved.

Thanks,

hwalton83

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

9 years ago

What do you mean it stopped picking up the wireless signal? Is the 3G light blinking green or red? Are the other lights a solid green? Is this a home or business setup?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I misspoke... I meant the internet signal.

The only light now on is the green power symbol. The wireless symbol has no light on (red or green).

I believe it is a home set up even though it is in our small office. I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks!

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

9 years ago

Ok. So if I understand the only light that is green is the power light. The ethernet, GPS, and 3G lights are not lit. That would be the top to bottom lights if you have the white MicroCell.

If all of the lights are not lit, save the power light, I would try a power cycle of your entire system (router, modem, and MicroCell). If that doesn't work then it could be the ac adapter that is starting to go bad. The adapter should have about 16VDC with no load. Anything less than that then you might want to consider replacing the adapter with one of the exact same rating as your current one.

A home setup is the same as a business setup. The only reason I ask is that if it is a business, your IT Department may have been doing something (upgrade, maintenance, etc) that caused you to lose connectivity.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

It was the power adapter.  Thanks!

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

9 years ago

Just replace it with one of the exact same rating. The MicroCell is finicky with its power requirements. If replacing the adapter does indeed solve  your problem, please check the Accept solution. That helps other folks who are having the same problem if they use the Search feature.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

9 years ago

Another AC adapter issue!  Perhaps Cisco should review where they get their adapters from and find another vendor!

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

9 years ago

Yep. Even though I still have my original adapter for the DPH-151 and it still works fine (or it at least checks out ok).

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

9 years ago

I still have my original adapter also and it's about 3 years old.  They don't make them like they use to!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.