For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
steven-g's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, March 13th, 2016 3:21 PM

Microcell Activation

Hello ~~~ i'm new here so am not sure of this question is going to the proper community.  If not please tell me so I can redirect it. 

Two days ago during the night two lights went out on my microcell (happens occasionaly).  I rebooted it and have all solid green lights.  My iphone 6 does not show Microcell at the top of the screen so the MC and my phone must not be talking to each other.  I have one bar.

Went into my MC account and deactivated  the MC  then reactivated it. Now the activation progress graph is all green except the last box  which is the activation pending box (updating profile).  It's been several hours and this last box is still not green meaning its still updating the profile (i guess) 

Any ideas as what's holding up the final activation step?  Thanks, steven

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

8 years ago

In a case like that where you restarted the MicroCell and all lights came back a solid green, I wouldn't have deactivated/reactivated your account. All solid green lights mean that you are connected to the AT&T Mobility Servers. What may have worked is completely shutting down your iPhone, wait a few seconds, and then restarting it again. It could be that all the phone needed to do was reassociate the MicroCell to the phone's "celllular neighborhood".

If two light regulary go out on the MicroCell, which two light were they? And were they completely out or blinking green or red?

No idea of wha's holding up the final stage. Sometimes when you deactivate and then reactivate too soon, the system gets hung because there are two commands following too closely to each other and it gets confused. It's an IT thing. What you may need to do is deactivate again, wait an hour or so, and then setup your myAT&T MicroCell account all over again, just like it was brand new.

If you have an iPhone 6, and no one else needs the MicroCell in your residence, I would try WiFi-C (WiFi Calling). The iPhone 6 will preferentially look for a cellular signal so you need to either turn off the MicroCell (disable the power) or enable Airplane Mode on the iPhone to disable the cellular radio. Enable WiFi Calling on your phone and you should be good to go. Remember to disable WiFi Assist on the iPhone (it's enabled by default). That has nothing to do with WiFi-C but it can impact your data usage considerably.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I have an issue similar to this and have been through your manual with no luck. The only thing I have left to try is disabling handout. I have a cisco microcell (black) and no devices will connect to it. I called at&t and they resent OTAs and until I power cycled the device it actually worked. After power cycling all of the devices, none of them reconnected to the mcell. Any advice??

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

8 years ago

We need information on your setup. Who is your ISP, what kind of service do you have, and what kind of phones?

What does the light pattern look like on the MicroCell?

Have you received any activation errors or notifications?

If you have cable or DSL, all the light are solid green on the MicroCell, then that indicates it could be your phones if none of them are displaying the M-Cell alpha tag.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

So, I figured it out, the room that the microcell was mounted in, has decent signal. We could not get our phones to display microcell because the signal was too strong. When we left the room and went to the poor signal area, mcell popped up on each of the phones. Thank you for your time. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.