For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
Beej1987's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, July 19th, 2014 1:10 AM

Microcell Activation Does Not Complete

I have been working all day to get the Microcell activated. It will go through the first 3 steps and the 4th doesn't complete. All lights on the front stay green (except the computer because I didn't run it through my computer).

I spent time with online support and was finally told to let it run for 24 hours because they had no other solution. I suppose that's what I will do but I've been reading and I'm not seeing where anybody who left the activation process run for more than 90 minutes had success with it connecting in the 24 hour period.

Any suggestions?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

Activation should be fairly quick but that's not always the case. I have seen the process take over 90 minutes (that's why support suggests that) but my guess is that there is something not quite right with your setup and/or your ISP. Instead of asking a bunch of questions, we've put together a list of them for you to answer so that we can be more effective in helping you:

MicroCell™ TroubleShooting Questions:

1. Do you have an active postpaid AT&T mobile account?
  2. Do you have a combined modem/router or a separate modem and router? What are the model numbers?
  3. Have you met the minimum requirements for router configuration as outlined in the Tech Guide?
  4. What are your download and upload speeds?
  5. What kind of internet service do you have (ADSL, cable, WiFi)?
  6. Are you using the basic connection (modem -> router -> MicroCell) or the alternate connection (modem -> MicroCell -> router)?
  7. What other equipment (computers, WiFi TV’s, Xboxes, Playstations, etc.) do you have connected to your network?
  8. What does the light pattern look like on the MicroCell (power, ethernet, GPS, and 3G)? Are they all a solid green or is any of them blinking green or red, and if so, which one?
  9. Does the ac adapter feel warmer than the top of the MicroCell where the vents are?
  10. Are all of the cables firmly in place?
  11. Have you checked your line speed (http://www.speedtest.net/)? If so, please post results.
  12. Have you checked to see if you line is adequate for VoIP

(http://www.voipqualitytest.com/)? If so, please post your results.

13. Have you looked at the Tech Guide?

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

I seem to recall some instances in these forums of people leaving the activation going overnight before the activation was completed.  That certainly isn't the norm but you should let it go 24 hours and see what happens before we suggest anything further.

Certainly provide feedback on the questions Otto has posted.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.