What is happening with 3G?
elicull's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, June 28th, 2018 4:12 PM

Microcell 3g flashing green - switched internet providers

Hello - We have the Cisco DPH 154 microcell and the 3g light is flashing green. The remaining lights are all solid green. We switched internet providers (Spectrum) yesterday and it was working fine after the switch, but stopped working this morning. We are using the same router, but have a new Arris modem. I've tried following the reset procedure several times for all of the devices to no avail. Is there something else I should consider?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

6 years ago

@elicull - if the only hardware you changed was the Arris modem (and there have been issues with those and Spectrum), make sure the new modem is in bridge mode.

Spectrum (Charter) has a long history of messing with the ports that are necessary to reach the AT&T Mobility servers, so you'll need to check the ports to ensure that they are open. AT&T Support can check the ports on their end to see if they can "see" you but if any ports are blocked it will be up to Spectrum to open and/or fix them because AT&T has no control over another ISP's ports.

You also might want to check your line quality by going to voiptest.8x8.com and see if there is something amiss with your line that  is causing the MicroCell from establishing a 24x7 secure VPN to AT&T Mobility. If there is, only Spectrum can fix that.

Is the Arris modem Spectrum-provided and is it a telephony modem (one that has VoIP capability)? Sometimes the ISP-provided  hardware is configured specifically for the ISP's services that are not always compatible with the MicroCell.

Keep in mind that sales of the MicroCell were discontinued at the end of 2017 because the MicroCell has reached its EOL. AT&T will continue support (what ever that means) but the service itself will eventually be discontinued  as well. What we, and AT&T recommend now is WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) if your phone is capable of that. Your only other options will be to use a cellular booster (see my Cellular Booster Guide, link is in my sig line), switch carriers, or possibly try Google Voice.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.