What is happening with 3G?
abreiter's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, September 30th, 2015 2:03 AM

Microcell 3G Not Picking Up New GoPhone

A month or so back I purchased a Microcell 3G. I was easily able to connect it to my iPhone 5c. It worked great, went from No Service to full service. Unfortunately my iPhone broke and I had to purchase a new phone. I elected to go with a GoPhone. I kept the same number and asked the gentleman at the AT&T store whether or not there would be a problem with the Microcell and the new phone. He said No. However, the GoPhone has No Service right next to the Microcell. I am unsure of what to do. The Microcell device itself is still a solid green color. I had not had any problems previously. Any advice for solving this issue.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

9 years ago

The "owner" of the MicroCell, in other words, the phone number that the MicroCell is registered to, has to be a post paid AT&T mobile account. A GoPhone is a pre paid account so it will not work with the MicroCell. You can add any type of AT&T account to the MicroCell under the Approved Users list but the primary number has to be a post paid account.

Even though the GoPhone uses the AT&T network, and is sold by AT&T, it will not register with the MicroCell. Unfortunately you were given erroneous information at the AT&T store.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.