What is happening with 3G?
KentCarle's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, July 12th, 2017 6:03 PM

MicroCell Sucks

I make between 10-12 conference calls per day for my job.  On each of those calls, I have 10-15 people.  Since using the Microcell, the service will come in and out of normal AT&T wireless and switch back and forth randomly.  I HATE THIS!!!  I've read through the troubleshooting guide, and it still disconnects.  I am seriously thinking about going to bet a Verizon phone today, this is affecting my living.  I am extremely angry at AT&T in the first place for making me buy this dang device, and 2nd, why should I have to use this?  I am in a major metropolitan area, and I should have more than 1 bar.  If I don't get this resolved by the end of business today, I am heading to Verizon to get a single line phone.

Addition to previous:

I am extremely disappointed in AT&T. I recently moved to a new area, and it is a suburb, but I am less than 1 mile from a cell tower. And yet, I have 1 bar. AT&T's solution was to sell me a Microcell device for $161.00. Problem is, it comes in and out of Microcell and normal wireless at random. If you are in this situation with AT&T, do not buy the Microcell, it SUCKS!!! There is no direct support, only chat, and the chat is busy constantly. They send you to self-suppo...prt, which ends up taking you in a loop. I hate to say this, but I am heading out the door to buy a Verizon phone this afternoon. Sad part is that I have everything AT&T makes: House security, internet, Direct TV and 10 wireless devices for myself and family. Plus, recently, my mother needed to replace her phone becuase she couldn't hear the ringer. They charged her a $45 restocking fee. Then, when we replaced with the new phone, she still couldn't hear the ringer, so she got another phone. Sad part was that she spent $60 to pay for the phone instead of putting it on a payment plan, and they said that was non-refundable. AT&T HAS AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE, AND WHEN YOU GO INTO THE STORE, THEY CANNOT ASSIST WITH ANYTHING.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

And, as an FYI, I'm posting to Facebook how bad AT&T service is, and how awful Microcell is.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@KentCarle - posting to FB will do nothing other than make you feel better. Corporate stores are pretty much useless other than selling you phones and plans, and they know absolutely nothing about the MicroCell. 

The MicroCell does work very well for most people. I have three (one currently in use) and have never had any major issues in the years that I've been using one. Conference calls have been a problem for some though. There are some who don't have any issues at all and there are others, such as yourself, where it just doesn't work. There are a lot of reasons for that. The number of devices sharing your connection at any one time,  how you have your router configured, the model of phones, etc. Without knowing more of your setup it's difficult to help you.

If your phones are WiFi-C capable (WiFi Calling) that may be a better option for you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.