What is happening with 3G?
cbobcreson's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, June 2nd, 2014 1:16 PM

MicroCell Recycling/Resetting

I've been having issues for nearly a week.  Light's ALL go solid green for about three seconds but then the tower appears to reset (top light goes red) and the process starts over.  Trips to an AT&T Corporate store where I was prepared to replace the tower but the talk on the phone from there w/tech support convinced me more troubleshooting was called for; second call from home to tech support when they derigisted and reregiatered the tower; third call I was told, "be patient" because they think my issue is related to a recent software update sent to all towers (the technicial claims she got the email either late Thursday or early Friday of last week).  She said the new update should take care of the issue.  Nothing yet.  Has anyone heard of this?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

What happened is well when I called AT&T they told me I had to disable my Smart limits in order to turn on my LTE Voice and data under cellular options which would enable me to turn on my Wi-Fi calling under the phone settings. They also directed me to a service called trap call so that I would get the kind of blacklisting I like that gives the unwanted caller a definite message that they are unwanted LOL

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

Glad you found the reason for not being able to connect with WiFi-C. 

I tried to recreate what happened in my previous post today and the message no longer appears and I can update my emergency address with no problem now.   Very strange......

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

If I were to get another ac adapter is the only thing I need to look at is the output?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Heathernow - just look at the rating for your current ac adapter. It should output 12VDC. If it is a non-regulated adapter, which is what AT&T originally shipped, then it should read 16VDC +/- 0.5 with no load when tested with a voltmeter. If you purchase a regulated adapter, it should read 12 VDC when tested.

You didn't say why you were looking for an adapter (what's the problem you are having?) Keep in mind that sales of the MicroCell were discontinued at the end of 2017 because the MicroCell has reached its EOL. AT&T will continue to support it thru this year but come next year, who knows? The service itself will either be discontinued as well or AT&T will just let it die a slow death. The MicroCell can only be use on AT&T's network with a post paid AT&T cellular account and a land-based internet service.

What AT&T and us recommend now is WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) if your phone is capable of that. Otherwise, your only other options are to purchase a cellular booster (see my Cellular Booster Guide, link is in my sig line), switch carriers, or try Google Voice.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.