What is happening with 3G?
ElizabethN's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, July 3rd, 2014 1:30 AM

MicroCell Major Issues?

I have had my Microcell since May of last year. May of this year I recieved a text message stating that my device did not match my adress. I derigistered my device and reregistered. Fixed it until yersterday July 1st I recieved another text stating the same. I called tech support they attempted to also derigister and rereister the device. It gave them an ERROR stating try again after 15mins. Online I am also getting the same msg. Help! Still no call back or help from AT&T!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

This is an on-going problem with AT&T where the GPS coordinates sent do not match what is in their "locational" database. This probably happened after AT&T did some nightly maintenance of which one of the items is to check location accuracy. It is not a system-wide problem so it's very difficult to isolate and correct.

Unfortunately phone support is fairly clueless on what to do because this is outside of their scripted responses. You can try a hard reset: turn off the power to the MicroCell, hold in the reset button on the back (it's a little hole at the bottom and you'll need a paperclip), turn the power back on and keep holding in the reset button for about 30 seconds. The MicroCell will go thru the Initial Activation process again. It probably won't work but it has for some.

Send a PM to CustomerCare (link in my sig) explaining the problem, what you have done to correct it,  your account information, the best way to contact you, and your location.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

One would think that there is some commonality to this GPS/Locational Database problem that has affected many posters here, even if it isn't system-wide.  Since I am not privy to the inner workings of the Mcell backend, no doubt it is more complicated than I would like to think or this would have been resolved by now.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

Yep. I think it has something to do with the night time maintenance that AT&T does where they check the location of the MicroCell either by tower triagulation or GPS. Something happens when it compares location from either of those methods to the physical address on file. I've talked to the Admins and they thought it had been corrected but what ever bug it is is still in the system. Compounding the problem is the fact that it's not system-wide so it's hard to nail down.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I am not getting this message *FTC5284: Your earlier request is being
processed. Please allow 15 minutes before retrying your request. After 15
minutes You can log back again to confirm that your request has been
processed. [RFS|RegisterFemtocellService|50000000284]. *

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

I am a little confused then. You said you "weren't getting message FTC5284:..." What message code are you getting? Or is it just a text message?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Oops! It was supposed to say I am now getting that error code.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

I thought so I just wanted to check. I'll reference your post to the Admins and see if we can get some traction that way.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

@ElizabethN wrote:
Oops! It was supposed to say I am now getting that error code.

Elizabeth, you really need to PM CustomerCare as suggested. When a PM for you comes in, th a little blue envelope will appear in the upper right corner next to your username. It should also have a number associated with it that indicates the number of unread messages you have.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello ElizabethN,

I just sent you a private message (Blue envelope next to your name, in the upper right corner), please reply to me with requested information and our team will be happy to help.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

Thanks Dmitriy!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.