What is happening with 3G?
ElizabethN's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, July 3rd, 2014 1:30 AM

MicroCell Major Issues?

I have had my Microcell since May of last year. May of this year I recieved a text message stating that my device did not match my adress. I derigistered my device and reregistered. Fixed it until yersterday July 1st I recieved another text stating the same. I called tech support they attempted to also derigister and rereister the device. It gave them an ERROR stating try again after 15mins. Online I am also getting the same msg. Help! Still no call back or help from AT&T!

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Dmitriy,
Could you try to help me with this same problem?
I am currently on the phone for the third day trying to get my microcell working again.
It worked fine for a month and two days ago stopped.
My 3G light is blinking red.
I tried to deactivate and reactivate, I've changed the setup to put the internet directly through the Microcell instead of my router, I have moved the Microcell to a window, I have restarted the unit several times including the reset button.
My internet signal is 14 to 16 Mbps, which is way more than enough to run this thing.
My internet light is green, my GPS light is green.
I get emails from ATT With error "102" stating that my address does not match the GPS location of the unit.
It has never left this 1,300 sq ft apartment!!
Please help!
I need my phone for my job!
Mark

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

Send a PM to CustomerCare (link is in my sig) stating your problem, what you have done to try to fix it, your account information, the best method to contact you ,and your location.

You said you moved  your MicroCell to a window. Was it not next to a window before or is this a window at another location  in your residence?

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the reply Otto!

I did send a PM to customer care but no response.

The unit was not near a window before, it was on an interior wall of the apartment 34 feet from the south windows. It was working fine there since I got it a month and a half ago, until the location error problem occurred two days ago.

Per ATT support I moved it to a Window. It is sitting right in the window sill now.

I just got off another call with ATT support. I explained the issue you stated in some of your posts I read last night, that it could be Incorrect data in the ATT locational database. She would not let me talk to a higher level tech or a supervisor but she claimed that she talked to someone and that they corrected my address against their location data. She then had me restart the unit again. So now I play the 90 minute waiting game again. Got my fingers crossed.
She said she would call me back, but I reminded her I have no phone signal 😕 (had to call in on Skype).
She refused to give me a ticket number as I requested, but gave me her name, badge number and her supervisor's name and direct number so I can call back in 90 minutes. I'm tired of starting over from square one every time I talk to them!

Mark
Sent from my iPad

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

Post back after your Mcell has had a chance to complete it's startup sequence.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Otto,
Apparently your solution worked!
They were going to go the route of replacing my unit with a new one, but I convinced the phone support person to ask someone to check the locational database and correct it.
It started working about an hour after that call.
Now I just have to hope I continue to make it through future address verifications!
Thank you so much for your help.
If I had not read your related posts in the forum I would probably be getting my MicroCell replaced, and it would still not have worked. I can't afford to keep taking days off to get my phone to work.

You are the bomb Ottopylot!
Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
Mark

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

Thanks Mark. Keep an eye on it for the next few days and let us know if it remains stable. Keep in mind that the MicroCell needs to have an unobstructed view of the sky and be about 18" from a window. The fact that you got it work at all behind a wall and away from a window, without an extenstion antenna, is pretty cool. My guess is the the GPS signal was just strong enough to lock on but was not steady in giving consistent GPS information. There are still isolated cases that come up from time to time with the GPS/database issue so AT&T has to look at each case individually and get IT involved, which takes time. Unfortunately the phone support people are not in a position to offer technical help in that regard.

If your connection remains solid, please mark my post as Accept Solution so that if someone Searches the AT&T Forums for a similar problem, they'll be directed to that post.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

Many people have had problems with the GPS location as reported by the Mcell not matching AT&T's location database that is based on the address you input during the registration process.  This problem has also happened to people who initially have successfully activated their Mcell but subsequently received an error message that their GPS and AT&T addresses do not match.

Most have been helped by contacting CustomerCare as you did and describing this problem.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.