What is happening with 3G?
TexasFan's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, October 4th, 2013 10:11 PM

MicroCell Activation Stuck at Step 4

Activation shows as in progress, but nothing has happened after a few power cycles. I have Uverse internet connected to an AirPort Extreme router. I have green lights on the MicroCell for power, internet, and GPS. The 3G light is blinking slowly and is green. I tried to go through the MicroCell Troubleshooting Guide with port forwarding, but got an error when I went to update the AirPort Extreme - it said it was no longer assigned to a DNS server. Help, please!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

In theory, you shouldn't even have to do port forwarding but I've found that it makes for a very stable connection. That's how I have my Apple Extreme Base Station set up. The DNS error is odd. I would think that the result would be no internet light and a blinking green 3G. I would disconnect the MicroCell, connect it directly to the gateway, power cycle, and see if Activation will complete. If it does, then it's something to do with the way the router is configured. Reconnect it to the router but don't do any port forwarding and see what happens. Sometimes the router itself needs to be power cycled. You should be able to see the MicroCell (via its MAC address) in the DHCP table range.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

The MicroCell is listed in the DHCP table at 10.0.1.2. Switching over to a direct connection did not let the activation complete. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

I was finally able to complete activation. I deleted the MicroCell at the AT&T site and started over with the activation process. Not sure why it worked this time. I did power cycle the router and MicroCell after deleting it. Thanks for your help.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

Great! If you have any other issues we're here to help.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

Otto, I don't want to seem picky but I think it's important that the Ethernet light not be referred to as an internet light.  Correct me if I'm wrong but it's my understanding that all the Ethernet light indicates is that there is an Ethernet connection between the Mcell and a router/modem.  It doesn't mean that the Mcell is connected to the internet. 

I can disconnect the power to my router with the Mcell connected by Ethernet cable to my repeater and the Ethernet light is solid green on the Mcell.

Referring to it as an internet light may give people the impression that if the light is solid green that their Mcell is actually connected to the internet and that could make for confusing attempts to troubleshoot any problems.

Just a thought.....

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

You are correct. Sometimes I respond on the fly and don't go back and re-read before I hit Post. We don't need anymore confusion here than there already is.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

I just purchased a micro cell. I am stuck at step 4. I get error s100

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

this is what I get:

S100: A temporary system error keeps us from completing your request right now.
This type of error usually lasts only a few minutes but may continue for several hours, and we're working to fix it now.

Please wait a little

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

The error message seems fairly straightforward. Sometimes the database needs a kickstart. Where did you purchase the MicroCell, from AT&T or did you purchase it used? How do you have it setup? A little more detail would be helpful in case it's not an IT issue.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

I bought it used off amazon.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.