MicroCell - 2Wire Gateway 3800HGV-B - LG Nitro Cell phone

Mentor

MicroCell - 2Wire Gateway 3800HGV-B - LG Nitro Cell phone

Connection is as title,,, lol,,, MicroCell ( all lights solid green) 1st port hardwired to 2wire 3800HGV. Then LG P930 should be showing ATTmicrocell , which it fails to connect.
Have tried multi-reboots and deactivate/activate - handoff adjusted enable/disable several times.
About 30+ hours on the phone or through chat to wireless, and also Uverse ( which can't help with router changes to 3800 for " Mcell " changes to the router... guess because Internet and Uverse work fine. LOL...
All items are AT&T issued...

So... case # No worries! You should be able to test that out to see if it will work. Currently the Case ID is C******* and you should be contacted back by March 4th by the Microcell team.

I thought maybe you great people here might be able to help me resolve this issue:
Phone has connected once at first install/activation, 5 bars and great quality when on the phone, then about 10 min it no longer showed ATTmicrocell in bar, 0 - 2 bars none or poor reception..
Only other time was almost exactly 48 hours later, same senario, but nothing done ( no changes ) to anything. Showed 5 bars ATTmicrocell and made a call, about 10 min it dropped the call and 0 - 2 bars yadda yadda yadda,, lol,, same thing. After 3 days of this forum searching, google for pdf 3800hgv pdf - found ,,, and about 10 hours phone and chat each day, LG Nitro phone and Mcell not playing together at all.. lol,, only long enough to hate eachother and walk aaway from eachother Smiley Very Happy

If I can get this solved before March 4th, deemed the start date, from tech support tech case, I would be assured of an important call I can not miss on the 10th,,,  I have no option but to be available for this call... I was hurt and am recovering from back surgery, the call is very important. Will be too late if it has to be rescheduled. 

Any Idea's ???
All solid green and Ready to GO ... !!!!

Also: since all lights are green, they are dummy lights, lol, Would making router changes help with the phone connection with MCell ??? Seems that would only be needed for issues of GPS and receiving/ making calls ?

Message 1 of 66
Mentor

Re: MicroCell - Pace 2Wire Gateway 3800HGV-B - LG Nitro Cell phone

Yes, Otto they did find the 3800 needed to be the 3801 for distance, as well as Cat5 direct connection to the Uverse 3801. That was an issue from the install w/Uverse/Internet from the install when we moved to this house, late 2011. But even after it was corrected, I had 2 days to play with the MCell with correct RG and line with no error. Deactivated/Reactivated and hard reset the MCell and still all green lights with no connection to the phone.

So all said and done, the MCell was replaced. After activation it fired right up and connection to phone, all in about 10 min or less, issue solved. It has been thought that an issue with the MCell internally since all lights ( dummy lights, lol ) were solid green, but phone connection would not work.

Hindsight would suggest, that with a good MCell, I would have had a lot of dropped calls and quality issues with the wrong RG, short distance issues and line errors. May have been even tougher to find the issue " if " this was the scenaro, lol

Thanks again, Otto... Your input and help allows this forum to help with a large variety of issues concerning this device.

Cheers(__)!!!

Message 61 of 66
Highlighted
ACE - Master

I'm really glad that you're up and running and sorry you had so many issues. One of the reasons I'm here is that I went thru a period of "issues" about 8 months after I puchased my MicroCell and help was confusing, wrong, or just non-existent.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTMobilityCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 62 of 66
ACE - Professor

I'm here because Otto is holding me prisoner in the Mcell forum in order to do his bidding.

Somebody please help me!!! Smiley Very Happy

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 63 of 66
ACE - Master

Wait till you see my bill Smiley Surprised Apprenticeship doesn't come cheap Smiley Wink

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTMobilityCare

Message 64 of 66
ACE - Professor

Apprenticeship????  More like indentured servant methinks.....

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

Message 65 of 66
ACE - Master

Smiley LOL

Message 66 of 66
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Additional Support