MicroCell - 2Wire Gateway 3800HGV-B - LG Nitro Cell phone

Mentor

MicroCell - 2Wire Gateway 3800HGV-B - LG Nitro Cell phone

Connection is as title,,, lol,,, MicroCell ( all lights solid green) 1st port hardwired to 2wire 3800HGV. Then LG P930 should be showing ATTmicrocell , which it fails to connect.
Have tried multi-reboots and deactivate/activate - handoff adjusted enable/disable several times.
About 30+ hours on the phone or through chat to wireless, and also Uverse ( which can't help with router changes to 3800 for " Mcell " changes to the router... guess because Internet and Uverse work fine. LOL...
All items are AT&T issued...

So... case # No worries! You should be able to test that out to see if it will work. Currently the Case ID is C******* and you should be contacted back by March 4th by the Microcell team.

I thought maybe you great people here might be able to help me resolve this issue:
Phone has connected once at first install/activation, 5 bars and great quality when on the phone, then about 10 min it no longer showed ATTmicrocell in bar, 0 - 2 bars none or poor reception..
Only other time was almost exactly 48 hours later, same senario, but nothing done ( no changes ) to anything. Showed 5 bars ATTmicrocell and made a call, about 10 min it dropped the call and 0 - 2 bars yadda yadda yadda,, lol,, same thing. After 3 days of this forum searching, google for pdf 3800hgv pdf - found ,,, and about 10 hours phone and chat each day, LG Nitro phone and Mcell not playing together at all.. lol,, only long enough to hate eachother and walk aaway from eachother Smiley Very Happy

If I can get this solved before March 4th, deemed the start date, from tech support tech case, I would be assured of an important call I can not miss on the 10th,,,  I have no option but to be available for this call... I was hurt and am recovering from back surgery, the call is very important. Will be too late if it has to be rescheduled. 

Any Idea's ???
All solid green and Ready to GO ... !!!!

Also: since all lights are green, they are dummy lights, lol, Would making router changes help with the phone connection with MCell ??? Seems that would only be needed for issues of GPS and receiving/ making calls ?

Message 1 of 66
Mentor

Re: MicroCell - Pace 2Wire Gateway 3800HGV-B - LG Nitro Cell phone

Hmm... I actually have some good data line plenty to reach, if I have to... only reason for line is the Uverse and Internet.

Never saw ping and speed tests varied of the affects we are having with the TV and internet now...
Actually had page load time out the last few days, lol... I  can see the difference in pages loading from the same site I'm on.

When Uverse was installed, I remember the tech worried about distance and signal, but said about 50mbps to the house, and said we had great quality, so Uverse will be really good. Like I said the girlfiend said she saw the AT&T crews work on the line a block away on the main road... We have had some heavy ice and snow this year.

I would think the outside lines have changed rather than the inside lines,

But still, with all solid green lights on the MCell, one of the 2 phones should still be able to connect with the MCell,,, which is the reason I started this post.

Message 46 of 66
Mentor

And since my phone connected on the first install, and then about 48 hrs later, both times for only few minutes, then never again. And the second phone would not connect once, I would think the MCell said,, " Ok,, lets go ,,, I'm... " and died,, lol
Message 47 of 66
ACE - Master

If you were given a 3800 then your distance should be less than 1800', anything between 1800' and 3000' you should have been given a 3801.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 48 of 66
Mentor

Ok,,, time for a little update... Smiley Very Happy

The MicroCell still the same, and a replacement is on it's way. Not that the one I have failed, but the process of elimination means this is the only option left.

The lines had errors, so Uverse came out  yesterday 3/4/14. Found I am at 2800' with a Gateway 3800, now replaced with a 3801. only 200' feet to spare, lol.... So, I called to verify the line errors we gone. Uverse tech support found errors again, so I asked them to try again, after I removed the Ethernet cable from the MCell... No change still error's...

Tech was called out today, and I don't want to say much, be the line issue is now fixed !!! Uverse chat support tech shows a good line... I see:

Ping test, 0 packets lost

Ping 31 ms

Jitter 1ms

Thatsa nice... Smiley Very Happy

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Pace/2Wire Gateway 3801HGV-Uverse/Internet
MicroCell - received 2-25-2014 (being replaced 3-5-2014)
LG Nitro P930
Located in North Central Indiana,, GO ND... !!!

Message 49 of 66
ACE - Master

Excellent! Sounds like you needed the correct RG and a little tweaking of it on their end. Let us know how it goes with the new MicroCell.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 50 of 66
Mentor

Been at this a while haven't you Otto,,, lol,,, you nailed it, and I was vague,,, 

I should be posting back about this time tomorrow,,,

MicroCell - received 2-25-2014 (being replaced 3-5-2014)
LG Nitro P930

Message 51 of 66
ACE - Master

Yeah one could say I don't have a life Smiley Sad The thing about the MicroCell is that there can be so many variables that can affect performance that it's really difficult to troubleshoot. That's why I wrote the Guide and update it periodically. There are just so many ways that folks can get creative with their HSI setups that it can really take some time, with gentle questioning, to get enough info. I'll keep an eye out for your post.

Message 52 of 66
Mentor

Well,,, I have good news and I have bad news... The good news is, MircoCell arrived, cold from delivery. I let it warm up for about 3 hrs, plugged it into the Ethernet and powered it up. Took 3 times to load the Activate page... lol... Went through the activation process, and it actually finished completely activating in less than 10 minutes !!! The bad news is, I noticed a text message saying I have successfully activated my MicroCell. Looked at my phone bars, -107 db reception and no change. WIth in about two minutes, the page reloaded again and said it was complete. So I bravely looked at my phone,,, and it's "bad to the bone" 5 solid bars and -51db reception !!! Still there after 12 minutes... it's a new record,,, lol

MicroCell - received 2-25-2014 - working replacement arrived 3/5/2014
LG Nitro P930

Message 53 of 66
ACE - Master

Ok. So this is more good news than bad news? You're a happy camper now?

Message 54 of 66
Mentor

I am very satisfied with thie device !!! Can't believe the reception ... very nice quality and clear as if we are face to face. Never had this at the house ... Smiley Very Happy what a nice change !!! No more missed calls text and dropped conversations... No more redial, or drive down the road to get that urgent call,, lol Smiley Very Happy

Thank you to the forum members that helped as well as Wireless and Uverse tech support ,,, I actually got one wireless tech I think 4 or 5 times,, We now know each others voice,,, lol,, had a little laugh cause that never happens he said...

tis' very nice place to come for help here,,, you guys rock !!!

MicroCell - received 2-25-2014 working replacement arrived 3-5-2014 !!!
LG Nitro P930

Message 55 of 66
ACE - Professor

Glad to hear that you're up and running!  Good luck!

Message 56 of 66
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Likewise. We're always here if you need further help.

Message 57 of 66
Mentor

It has been about a week with the MicroCell working perfectly. I have noticed the last light ( Wireless flashing between Midnight and 5am, MCell is not connected to phone, then solid and back to working. Maybe update or ATT server reset? But all is good otherwise)

Now for a little explanation to what solved my issue. The end result was a replacement MicroCell, but many things had to be considered to reach this conclusion. So below, a short description of this thread.

Actually the solution was a replacement of the MicroCell. It would show all solid green lights, but not connect to any of the phones I tried.

Working for a MicroCell solution, we found errors on the Uverse/Internet line. Although, errors affected the Uverse and internet, the actual phone connecting to MicroCell was due to the MicroCell. Now we have no errors showing on the line and no more occasional pixelled recording of Uverse and loading issues of the internet. ( these were short and so brief, hardly noticed an issue ).
Now for a quality clear reception, Internet connection it is vital to this MicroCell device, as it is basically using VioP. Don't argue the VioP point, lol, it is proven and understood this is VioP.

Since the line was fixed and trying the MicroCell still w/ all solid green lights, a replacement MicroCell was issued, which is the answer for this post of troubleshooting help.

Have to give thanks to all these people and support, which helped rule out errors and connectivity issue from MicroCell to phone.
Wireless Tech Support and Uverse Tech Support, (many calls and chat sessions, and I mean hrs... )    

Avedis53, and Otto Pylot, for their help and concern here in the forum, to get me up and runnning... One has to be patient and as understanding with the process of elimination. All of which is needed to conclude the need for a replacement.  

If you are like me, and have Internet/TV/Wireless phone, all from ATT, and MicroCell with all solid green lights, more than likely, a replacement MicroCell will be your answer too. Know you will need to go through all the troubleshooting steps. As an all ATT customer, MicroCell router changes, portforwarding, and such are not needed if all lights solid green. But work with all the above to eliminate and get your solution faster.

So with a replaced, working MicroCell, for a week, I am calling this issue SOLVED.  

MicroCell - received 2-25-2014 working replacement arrived 3-5-2014 !!!
LG Nitro P930

Tags (2)
Message 58 of 66
ACE - Master

Thanks for reporting back. Didn't you exchange your RG for one that is correct for your distance to the VRAD? VDSL is subject to distance issues just like ADSL, and may even be more sensitive in a lot of cases especially when it comes to VoIP. I think the combination of having the correct RG installed (which will take care of any VoIP issues due to distance) and the replacement MicroCell solved your issues. But what ever, as long as you now have a stable connection that's all that matters.

The loss of connection between midnight and 5am could be due to maintenance on the AT&T side but they don't do that every night. If this is happening every night, something is happeing on the U-verse side so keep an eye on that.

Message 59 of 66
ACE - Professor

Another happy customer!!!

Message 60 of 66
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support