For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
The Rocker's profile

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

Friday, February 28th, 2014 5:10 AM

MicroCell - 2Wire Gateway 3800HGV-B - LG Nitro Cell phone

Connection is as title,,, lol,,, MicroCell ( all lights solid green) 1st port hardwired to 2wire 3800HGV. Then LG P930 should be showing ATTmicrocell , which it fails to connect.
Have tried multi-reboots and deactivate/activate - handoff adjusted enable/disable several times.
About 30+ hours on the phone or through chat to wireless, and also Uverse ( which can't help with router changes to 3800 for " Mcell " changes to the router... guess because Internet and Uverse work fine. LOL...
All items are AT&T issued...

So... case # No worries! You should be able to test that out to see if it will work. Currently the Case ID is C******* and you should be contacted back by March 4th by the Microcell team.

I thought maybe you great people here might be able to help me resolve this issue:
Phone has connected once at first install/activation, 5 bars and great quality when on the phone, then about 10 min it no longer showed ATTmicrocell in bar, 0 - 2 bars none or poor reception..
Only other time was almost exactly 48 hours later, same senario, but nothing done ( no changes ) to anything. Showed 5 bars ATTmicrocell and made a call, about 10 min it dropped the call and 0 - 2 bars yadda yadda yadda,, lol,, same thing. After 3 days of this forum searching, google for pdf 3800hgv pdf - found ,,, and about 10 hours phone and chat each day, LG Nitro phone and Mcell not playing together at all.. lol,, only long enough to hate eachother and walk aaway from eachother 😄

If I can get this solved before March 4th, deemed the start date, from tech support tech case, I would be assured of an important call I can not miss on the 10th,,,  I have no option but to be available for this call... I was hurt and am recovering from back surgery, the call is very important. Will be too late if it has to be rescheduled. 

Any Idea's ???
All solid green and Ready to GO ... !!!!

Also: since all lights are green, they are dummy lights, lol, Would making router changes help with the phone connection with MCell ??? Seems that would only be needed for issues of GPS and receiving/ making calls ?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

I just checked myATT MicroCell account page and it looks just fine, at least for my account, so this may in fact be a regional or service area issue. Keep in mind that if you to to a Corporate Store to get a replacement, depending on the store manager, they may need to check in with support to get confirmation that a replacement has been authorized. That's what happened to me years ago when I had to get my MicroCell replaced under a warranty replacement. However, I have seen store managers take it upon themselves to replact a MicroCell without "official" authorization so good luck.

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

Yes, myATT page is fine now as well, since this morning,,,  Tech support already put it in notes, on my account and for any other tech to forward that and keep it on top for any other tech to few. He made sure I had a non-franchise store, as those stores can not access their notes...

So I'm in good shape if replacement is needed.... Thanks

We have made no changes to wiring, and have no trees near outside lines on property. I doubt a wiretap, I do nothing illegal, and have no enemies really,,, lol. ( probably the storm a few months ago trees down everywhere and about 3 days with no power and the current weather maybe contributing ).
Girlfriend said she saw AT&T working on the lines last week,, lol,, just found that out about 15 min ago,,, she thought nothing of it,,, lol,,, :D: smileysurprised:

From what I can assess from you guys and tech support is:

•  All green Lights means it's connected, should be working, and no router changes needed
  •  poor line quality could be an issue since Phone needs to be authenticated.
  •  poor lines does not mean Phones should not connect to MCell, just affect call quality
  •  trying another phone and failed I may need a replacement, even though it shows it working
  •  Tech support shows no error to MCell, but Uverse shows the line issues

•  get lines fixed and verified
  •  wait for resolution date 3/4/2014 ( for whatever that may mean )

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pace / 2Wire Gateway 3800 HGV - Uverse
    MicroCell - received 2-25-2014
    LG Nitro P930 
    Located in North Central Indiana,, GO ND... !!!

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

By wire taps I don't mean an NSA-type tap Smiley Wink I should have said a bridge tap, which is another wire that is connected to your line that can cause an impedence mismatch. They can be left over from an older, previous installation and unless your line is checked carefully when new equipment is installed, you'll never know it's there. VoIP can be delicate in that a bridge tap may affect quality but internet usage may not have a noticeable affect.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

Just another reason I don't like ADSL....give me cable internet any day.

If I were motivated enough, I'd go back through posts and tally up how many involve ADSL vs. cable internet.  I'd be willing to bet that most problems posted here involve ADSL setups.  Just a hunch.....

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

I don't know my friend. My feeling is that the majority of the problems are with cable connections because of the complexity of connections involved. I prefer my ADSL2 connection because I'm not stuck with a cable provider and the ever escalating costs and support issues that some have. It's only a 20Mbps connection but that's more than enough for HD streaming, it's stable, static IP, includes my old AT&T voice line, one of the best support groups around, has never had a price increase, and is still only $50 per month including taxes. Works for us.

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

Hmm... I actually have some good data line plenty to reach, if I have to... only reason for line is the Uverse and Internet.

Never saw ping and speed tests varied of the affects we are having with the TV and internet now...
Actually had page load time out the last few days, lol... I  can see the difference in pages loading from the same site I'm on.

When Uverse was installed, I remember the tech worried about distance and signal, but said about 50mbps to the house, and said we had great quality, so Uverse will be really good. Like I said the girlfiend said she saw the AT&T crews work on the line a block away on the main road... We have had some heavy ice and snow this year.

I would think the outside lines have changed rather than the inside lines,

But still, with all solid green lights on the MCell, one of the 2 phones should still be able to connect with the MCell,,, which is the reason I started this post.

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

And since my phone connected on the first install, and then about 48 hrs later, both times for only few minutes, then never again. And the second phone would not connect once, I would think the MCell said,, " Ok,, lets go ,,, I'm... " and died,, lol

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

If you were given a 3800 then your distance should be less than 1800', anything between 1800' and 3000' you should have been given a 3801.

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

Ok,,, time for a little update... 😄

The MicroCell still the same, and a replacement is on it's way. Not that the one I have failed, but the process of elimination means this is the only option left.

The lines had errors, so Uverse came out  yesterday 3/4/14. Found I am at 2800' with a Gateway 3800, now replaced with a 3801. only 200' feet to spare, lol.... So, I called to verify the line errors we gone. Uverse tech support found errors again, so I asked them to try again, after I removed the Ethernet cable from the MCell... No change still error's...

Tech was called out today, and I don't want to say much, be the line issue is now fixed !!! Uverse chat support tech shows a good line... I see:

Ping test, 0 packets lost

Ping 31 ms

Jitter 1ms

Thatsa nice... 😄

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Pace/2Wire Gateway 3801HGV-Uverse/Internet
MicroCell - received 2-25-2014 (being replaced 3-5-2014)
LG Nitro P930
Located in North Central Indiana,, GO ND... !!!

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

Excellent! Sounds like you needed the correct RG and a little tweaking of it on their end. Let us know how it goes with the new MicroCell.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.