For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
aubzander's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 22nd, 2017 3:18 PM

Micro cell tower

I got this some time ago.

I am having difficulty with my & saying "no service' when I'm at home.  Can I reuse the old micro cell?  If so is there now a charge to do that? (there wasn't when I used it before)

Thanx

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

6 years ago

@aubzander -  If I understand you correctly, your phone is now indicating "no service" and you are not currently using a MicroCell.

There is no charge to use the MicroCell as long as you meet the minimum router requirements, you have a post paid AT&T cellular account, and your internet service is cable, DSL, or fiber (no satellite or wireless broadband).  If it's an older white MicroCell you might want to check the ac adapter with a voltmeter to make sure it is still working correctly. It should read 16 VDC +/- 0.5 with no load.

If your phone is WiFi-C capable (WiFi Calling) that is the preferred method for poor in-home coverage. Call quality and reliability is much better in most cases. And, there is no charge or extra equipment to purchase.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

How do I get a tower.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Ok I read everything you sent me but how do I obtain a m cell tower?

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I have never had a cell tower. How do I get one?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Hollylakeranch - AT&T used to sell a device called the MicroCell. It is an actual femtocell (mini tower) that used your internet connection for VoIP so that you could make cellular calls when your in-home coverage was weak or non-existent. You needed to have a land-based internet service (DSL, cable, or fiber) and a post paid AT&T cellular account. They were not free and had to be purchased from AT&T.

However, the MicroCell will reach its EOL Dec. 31st. After that, AT&T will not sell them anymore and the only place to purchase a new one will be at a corporate/retail store as long as inventory lasts or used from eBAY, etc.  AT&T will continue some support next year but that will be questionable at best. 

WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) is the way to go now if your phone is capable and you have a post paid AT&T cellular account. If not, the an actual cellular booster is your only other option. They can be a bit pricey but do work very well.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have a white micro cell unit.  It works great for the phones I set up earlier in the year.  Now when I go to the web site to make changes I am getting the message about not being available now.  Reading the comments that seems to be a problem with a lot of users.  Any help would be great.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

6 years ago

@garyrurban - I too am not having any issues logging into my MicroCell account. Sometimes switching browsers corrects the problem.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.