What is happening with 3G?
NikkiCrader9282's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, August 4th, 2017 12:53 PM

Micro cell and wifi from satellite internet

First why do u have to have internet service when I already pay for unlimited from AT&T. It's not my fault that the AT&T service signal is almost non existant, sadly! And why can't it be a satellite internet service provider? Thanks!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

Wired internet only extends where permission and a bulk of customers exist.  Internet service providers are territorial.   So not all carriers cover all of the US.  Also, no carrier is going to go to the expense to lay wire for few customers.  

Towers are placed where allowed and where they cover the most customers.  Geography can be a hindrance to reception.

Lastly, satellite internet is not consistent enough signal and does not provide a GPS location which is required for the microcell to function.  It literally will not work.  

If you have enough signal for Text messages, it might be possible to use a cell booster for signal for data and calls. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 - I added to your answer in the OPs other post. I asked him to keep his questions to one post so we, and others, can follow.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.