What is happening with 3G?
Tobymenobi's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 12th, 2015 3:03 AM

Micro cell activation

my my microcell is still showing pending status after two days, how long does this normally take?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

9 years ago

Activation under normal circumstances should take no more than about 90 minutes. We need to know more about your setup to troubleshoot.

Is this a new MicroCell purchased from AT&T? How do you have it setup and what kind of internet service do you have? What does the light pattern look like (power light, etherent light, and GPS a solid green and only the 3G light blinking green)?

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @Tobymenobi,

I’m sorry your MicroCell has not successfully activated; I would be happy to assist you!  The MicroCell Activation should only take roughly 90 minutes.

You should verify that the address you have listed on the MicroCell profile is the physical address of where the MicroCell is located.  If the MicroCell is at a different address, that needs to be updated on the www.att.com/microcell page.  I would recommend that you run a speed test at  www.att.com/speedtest to ensure your broadband connection meets the minimum requirements of 1.5Mbps download and 256Kbps upload speeds.

If your MicroCell is still not activating, please go to our Device How-To Center for Troubleshooting.

Thank you,

Charise

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.