Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Micro Cell fails to activate

Tutor

Micro Cell fails to activate

I have an interesting issue with the microcell. ATT has not been much help. I have the cell connected to my network and my network device config is as correct as I know to make it. Activation fails, just sits with the singal bars light flashing. So I use network packet analyzer and watch as I restart the cell. After GPS lock, the cell tries to contact 12.230.209.3 on port 443. This I expected as it was indicated as an early step in the process by some posts I read. However, the attempt to connect to this IP address times out. There is no reply from 12.230.209.3. The cell will retry this address and 12.230.209.67, which is apparently shutdown as I get an ICMP for that indicating it is blocked on purpose. A tracert of 12.230.209.3 shows the route going into series of att servers and finally to 12.122.138.245 and then the tracert times out.

Now it seems if this connection is not made, activiation cannot proceed. ATT ignores this and runs me through all kinds of other stuff before telling me my connection speed is too low and that is why it fails. Really?

ATT did confirm that 12.230.209.3 is the correct IP but thats about all I got out of them.

Any ideas on why I am not getting any further than the failed connect to 12.230.209.3:443?

Message 1 of 16
ACE - Expert

I'm out of town with limited access but like I said, the...

I'm out of town with limited access but like I said, the MicroCell is a dumb device in that the four ports and the other router conflicts listed in my Guide must be met. Any other alteration or addresses used will probably not work. The MicroCell needs to create its own secure VPN to the AT&T mobility servers and with as simple of a connection as possible. Either directly to the modem or router. If the 3G light is blinking green, then connection has not been made which could be due to one of the mandatory conditions not being met, line quality conditions, etc.

MicroCell Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

I am not an AT&T employee.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 16
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support